Homeline Aluminum Bus Load Center

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlueFox

What are your experiences with Homeline single phase Aluminum Bus Load Centers?

The good, bad, or ugly side of using an aluminum bus.

goldstar

Occupation
Electrical Contractor
that is what I usually use. I would use one at my house. I hear the breaker guts are the same as qo
Same here, I use them often. There was a fellow here in the Forum that used to work for Sq-D and mentioned that except for the trip window feature the guts of the HL breakers were the same as the QO breakers.

OP, what kind of problems would you expect to have with an aluminum bus in a residential application ?

kwired

Electron manager
Same here, I use them often. There was a fellow here in the Forum that used to work for Sq-D and mentioned that except for the trip window feature the guts of the HL breakers were the same as the QO breakers.

OP, what kind of problems would you expect to have with an aluminum bus in a residential application ?

I have never ran into a failed breaker to bus connection in a Homeline panel.

The Homeline series is just starting to get to the age where you may see some occasional failures on some of the oldest models though. I don't remember exactly when they introduced the Homeline series but I know it was close to 1990.

goldstar

Occupation
Electrical Contractor
I've had situations where an aluminum bus was severely damaged (in fact burnt) due to a loose jaws-to-bus connection but in two cases that I can think of it was a Siemens breaker panel. One was at a florist shop where the 2-pole 20 amp breaker was connected to a refrigeration unit the other was a residential panel where the 2-pole 30 amp breaker was connectec to an AC condenser. Both panels were in existence for approx. 15 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.