3pole breaker feeding single phase 2pole load

Status
Not open for further replies.

Choo Choo

I am relabeling some industrial control panels at my work and am trying to find code reference aka violation for, there are three phase breakers installed in single phase 240V panel, all three wires leave the panel hot and only two are used on the three small machines. One has the third wire that goes beyond the plastic disconnect and lands on an empty exposed when panel door is open fuse holder. The next one has all three leaving the panel hot and landed in the same type small plastic disconnect, and only two of the wires feed the machine. The third one has three wires that leave the panel hot , and the third wire is left hot in the conduit sytem somewhere. I know in the code somewhere none of this should be going on, just need some help referencing section and article....:cool:

Smart $

Esteemed Member
I don't see any totally obvious violation. Might be a violation of 110.3(B) with 3? breakers in 1? panel by way of manufacturer's instructions...

If not, you can improve the safety factor simply by removing the conductor from the unused pole of the breaker.

Status
Not open for further replies.