767 Greenlee

Status
Not open for further replies.

daleuger

Love them to death, and they don't leave a whole mess of shavings like a hole saw. Ratchet cutter is just as good for smaller holes depending on what kind of box you're cutting into.

physis

fa7d_1.JPG

There's a real set.

220/221

I use it for 2" and above. Anything under I holesaw.

Mine is old and leaks oil so it's not exactly a pleasure to use.

Never seen one, how's it work?

It's simply a mechanical hydraulic pump used to pull punches. The hose and KO punches are not pictured.

Well NOW they are.

Mine doesn't look QUITE that clean.

480sparky

No - I have not never seen a hydraulic pump. ;)

Think I got it - drill hole, insert shaft through hole, connect cutter, pump to pull cutter through material, making larger hole?

Pretty much it. KO sets come in three parts: a cutter, a die and a draw bolt. The cutter and die work like a pair of scissors on paper, basically shearing the metal. The draw bolt is used to bring the two other parts together.

With a hydro set, the drawbolt is replaced by a piston.

With a C-punch, there's no need to predrill any holes. Real time-saver for punching out panels in commercial apps.

..... I'm curious to see his power tools now.

Put your shades on! :grin:

physis

I personally hate this stupid thing. All it does is save me lots of time and make really clean holes, damn it man. :grin::grin:

LarryFine

Master Electrician Electric Contractor Richmond VA
Occupation
Electrical Contractor
Think I got it - drill hole, insert shaft through hole, connect cutter, pump to pull cutter through material, making larger hole?
Let's not leave out the fun step of punching out the 1/2" pilot hole with the thinner drawstud first, and then making the final hole with the main drawstud.

Unless, of course, you use a holesaw to make the larger pilot hole in one feww swoop. But then, that would be gauche, no? :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.