PV Training

Status
Not open for further replies.

A-1Sparky

I'm interested in attending some solar/pv training seminars/workshops in the New England area. I was just wondering if any of you guys had any information on upcoming training. Thanks in advance.

luckyshadow

do a google search on John Wiles. He is out of New Mexico State University and does seminars across the country.
He is THE leader in PV.
He is doing seminars in York PA and College Park MD. This month.

RayS

PV learning

PV learning

Get "Photovoltaic Systems" by ATC/NJATC

It is the text used in the Cincinnati State PV installers class, and comes with a handy CD of data.

iwire

Staff member
do a google search on John Wiles. He is out of New Mexico State University and does seminars across the country.
He is THE leader in PV.

He is, but from things I have read by him sometimes he seems to overstate the NEC requirements. He presents some of his opinions like they are official NEC interpretations and they are not.

As far as the opening poster you could contact http://www.solren.com/, they are located in Lawrence and I have gone to some of the training they provide, of course they are also trying to push their product.

arnettda

Midwest renewable energy association in custer wi. the-mrea.org and Solar energy international out of carbondale colorado. All have trainings. Most are at there locations but some are elsewhere. And I bet they could point you somewhere local.

luckyshadow

He is, but from things I have read by him sometimes he seems to overstate the NEC requirements. He presents some of his opinions like they are official NEC interpretations and they are not.

Thats why when I attend these type of seminars, those that are covering certain items with references to the NEC, I always go with the NEC in hand. This way I can "cross reference" the material as it is presented and ask questions should something not seem quite right.

gndrod

PV

PV

I'm interested in attending some solar/pv training seminars/workshops in the New England area. I was just wondering if any of you guys had any information on upcoming training. Thanks in advance.

Try Local 363 in Harriman NY. Their NJATC has had PV certification programs in the past. rbj

gndrod

I have been trying to find out if any of the training sessions being held at the conference in Buffalo are taught by nationally certified instructors (NABCEP) or = as required by NYS. I have no response from them in the past 2 weeks

NABCEP sessions do have training CEU's toward certification at the 2009 conference. Check as to which course is doing certifiable training.

NABCEP sessions do have training CEU's toward certification at the 2009 conference. Check as to which course is doing certifiable training.

I would register for all the training sessions being held at this conference if they could provide me with the 36 hours of NABCEP training required by
NYSERDA ,but there is no response in any RFIs via email from the link on the NYSERDA website.I live and work in the region this conference is being held and only stumbled upon it being held when downloading some rebate forms last month.I have some doubt as if it will happen as there is no local promotion or knowledge of this event in the electricial community.Having a solar conference in Buffalo is like having a winterfest in Miami

Status
Not open for further replies.