beware using mike holts material to study

Status
Not open for further replies.

mmoody13

im a 4th year apprentice and every quiz we have been given of mike holts has had incorrect answers. make sure you take the time to go over every answer.

charlie

I have no problem with criticizing our host's material if it is honest criticism. If you are going to criticize, please be specific. :)

B4T

I think "Moody" has other issues at work here. It's OK to complain, but it's NOT OK to bail before giving an example of what is bothering him.

Rockyd

Occupation
Retired after 40 years as an electrician.
Did you contact MHE? I have been using Mike's products for over 15 years, and they are some of the best out there. An allegation needs substantiation, can you be more specific?

jumper

Did you contact MHE? I have been using Mike's products for over 15 years, and they are some of the best out there. An allegation needs substantiation, can you be more specific?

Sir I agree, MHE is a well respected member of electrical enterprises. I just ordered some products due to his discount, mentioned by another member , and I am quite satisfied with his products, and unless the OP has some proof of his/her statements I am in doubt.

joebell

There are mistakes in any study material out there. I too have been using Mike's products for the last several years and the man admits to errors in his material,(read the first few pages of any of his publications)BUT he also informs you of corrections via his website and you can notify him on that same website of anything that you think might be in error with the material.

MHE is a TOP NOTCH educational resource for our trade.

Joe

romeo

beware using mike holts material to study

im a 4th year apprentice and every quiz we have been given of mike holts has had incorrect answers. make sure you take the time to go over every answer.

I suggest that a 4th year apprentice that criticizes such a dedicated and knowledgeable person, document the incorrect material.

Last edited by a moderator:

S'mise

Hes got a point, but..

Hes got a point, but..

I agree there are mistakes but he offers a valuabe service. I understand the frustration in trying to figure out a problem 10 times only to find you had the correct answer all along, which was in the answer key(but not one of the choices in the book) I have an exam prep book that I began making note of mistakes and eventually gave up half way thru the book because I got sick of writing them all down. I am greatful for the mh products and find them invaluable but they are far from perfect.

You might look on the bright side that when you start finding mistakes, you are forced to learn.

B4T

Real electricians don't run..

Real electricians don't run..

Lets give him a chance, for all we know he went to get the book.

Seems he got "lost" finding his book. I hate people who do a drive-by and run like hell when you ask them for an example. He has a total of 2 posts.. I bet the first one was about the weather :grin:

Status
Not open for further replies.