60 amp gfci Square D

Status
Not open for further replies.

TexasMaster

60 amp gfi to supply 4 wire (2 ungrounded conductors, grounded conductor and grounding conductor) 240/120 1 phase loads; none for ch, sq-d or siemens, let me know if ge does, no one supplies ge in my area anymore. This is most likely all your problem is. I think a lot less people have really used this breaker than are posting or when used it was for a 3 wire ckt.

TexasMaster

60 amp gfi to supply 4 wire (2 ungrounded conductors, grounded conductor and grounding conductor) 240/120 1 phase loads; none for ch, sq-d or siemens, let me know if ge does, no one supplies ge in my area anymore. This is most likely all your problem is. I think a lot less people have really used this breaker than are posting or when used it was for a 3 wire ckt.

hillbilly1

Occupation
Owner/electrical contractor
don't know if I'am to late to help but mabey a month ago I learned no manufacture makes a 60 gfci w/ a load side neutral terminal, if this tub uses a neutral you need to contact the spa manufacture and see if there is a kit to split up the 120s from the 220 ie a 20cfi ckt and 40 gfi ckt. Or you just have to take your chances / a 50 amp.

Don't know where you got your info, but I have a 60 amp CH breaker on my Jacuzzi, and it does have a load side neutral terminal. Installed it last year. So there's at least one manufacture that does.

Dennis Alwon

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrical Contractor
Don't know where you got your info, but I have a 60 amp CH breaker on my Jacuzzi, and it does have a load side neutral terminal. Installed it last year. So there's at least one manufacture that does.

I think all manufacturers make a dp gfci with a load side neutral. Many hot tubs need that so I would be surprised if they didn't make them.

TexasMaster

my ch rep. said he was sorry it didn't exist as well as the other brands reps. If you say it is there I'll believe you, I would like to know how to get one next time

Last edited:

Dennis Alwon

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrical Contractor
yes, up to 50amps then they all have an epd/gfi that supplies 3 wire ckts only as I was told by 3 brand reps.

I just checked GE and they only make up to dp 50 GFCI breaker. I thought there were tubs that required 60 amps-- never saw one but I heard from this forum that they are out there.

hillbilly1

Occupation
I bought mine at City Electric and Plumbing supply here locally in Georgia. It has the pigtail just like most GFCI's with a third lug for the neutral. I connected it on mine, but ended up capping it in the Jacuzzi J-box, since it did not require one on that model. It is one of the CH series, not the BR crap line. If I get a chance I will post a picture of it later.

TexasMaster

thanks for the info Hillbilly1, come to find out all that supplyhouse has been looking at was br style. We have also found a way to order siemens if needed. Seriously not many electricians or suppliers in Lubbock know about these, I was told by 2 different counter guys at different stores "ahw it says 60 but everybody is using 50s"

TexasMaster

at any rate I think the org. poster had a problem w/ a 60 amp sq-d which no one can seem to poduce, unless it is a 240v only (no nuet. needed) tub their's will work. wonder what happened to that guy

Last edited:

hillbilly1

Occupation
Glad I opened my disconnect back up, the Jacuzzi installer had taken the load neutral off my breaker and put it on the equipment ground bar! I was not there when they hooked it up. (I was out working to pay for it!) I left a sealtite whip with two hots, a neutral, and a ground for them to connect to the Jacuzzi. I had re-opened the control panel on the Jacuzzi to make sure they connected it correctly on their end, but did not know they had changed the wiring on my end. The Jacuzzi did not need the neutral, so they did not connect it, but they did not insulate it either though.
Years ago I had a freind call me on a spa that had just been installed, but not heating. It was a serious double goof up on the part of the installing electricians, and the Spa installers. The electrician had installed a 30 amp 120/240 4 wire feed to the Spa, but failed to put it on a ground fault breaker. Then the Spa installers wired the whip using "Red" to the ground lug, "Black" to L1, "White" to L2, and green to "N". Needless to say this lady would have been electrocuted if she had used this Spa!

Status
Not open for further replies.