What do you look like . . . again?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jrannis

Hey what is the cord for again...? I forgot. Does it pertain to a certain unit?

In the United States military, the Croix de Guerre was commonly accepted as a foreign decoration.

It means that his Regiment was sent to save France at least twice.
It was and still is a rare award.

You have to get there before they surrender:D

Today, members of United States 5th Marine Regiment or 6th Marine Regiments, the Army's 2nd Infantry Division, the Army's 3rd Squadron, 4th Cavalry Regiment, and the 1st BN U.S. 28th Infantry Regiment, are authorized to wear a fourrag?re
Fourrag?re

The fourrag?re is a military award, distinguishing military units as a whole. The award has been firstly adopted by France, followed by other nations such as the Netherlands, Belgium and Portugal....
signifying that brigade's award of three Croix de Guerre during the First World War, but only while that individual is assigned to the unit. The wearing of the decoration is considered ceremonial and the fourrag?re is not entered as an official military award in permanent service records.

jrannis

Hey what is the cord for again...? I forgot. Does it pertain to a certain unit?

Ill bet you are real proud of him. These are tough and rare times for Marines.
WWll lasted a few short and bloody years.
This war is going to be just as epic as Viet Nam.
I thank our God in heaven every day for Marines like him. Young men like him are the reason why we have the freedom we have. Yes we all take him for granted, he knows that and I know, as a Marine, he is OK with it, we all sleep at night knowing men and women just like him are on watch pledging their blood on our way of life.

Semper Fidelis

I have a set of dress blues just like that, Sergeant stripes, hash mark, expert badge, no Croix de Guerre (cross of war cord) or fruit salad in my time though.
Mine are a 36 regular coat, 29 inch waist trousers......I weighed 146lbs when I got out of boot camp. That was a lifetime time ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.