Low Voltage License

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spark volt

Obtaining Low Volt license in Maryland.

Obtaining Low Volt license in Maryland.

I am looking for a low voltage exam prep class and I was hoping that someone would be able to help me find one.

tom baker

First Chief Moderator
Staff member
Try google for a start.
In Washington, you can get a list of approved electrical class providers from our state electrical department, look for the class you want and call.
Or try the trade associations, such as the alarm installers association.

Stallzer

Other Electrical Licenses in Maryland
The State Board of Master Electricians issues only one license, Master Electrician. In Maryland the actual performance license to perform electrical work is issued by each of the local jurisdictions. Many of the local jurisdictions do issue additional categories of electrical licenses. All of these licenses are LESSER than a Master Electrician. For example some jurisdictions may issue a "general electrician", "limited electrician", or "low voltage" license as examples. If an individual were interested in obtaining a lesser license than a master electrician’s license, then it would be necessary to contact the local jurisdiction where you would anticipate working and determine if they offer a lesser license and the qualifications. Not all jurisdictions offer a lesser license. In those jurisdictions that do not, an individual would need a master electrician’s license to perform any electrical work.

Hope this helps

Status
Not open for further replies.