Harmless practical jokes?

Status
Not open for further replies.

realolman

Years ago, I rewound an 8-track cartridge that barfed all over itself. I mounted the cartridge's spool on a nut and bolt chucked into a drill, and wound it back up and re-spliced the tape. Worked like new!

:roll:

'Course like new wasn't all that great ...as evidenced by it's "barfing". Used to see those things strung along the road shimmering in the sun all over the place.:smile:

One time I told my son he reminded me of Eddie Haskell. He said "Who's he?"

20 some year old guys all over the world are Googling " 8-track cartridge?":smile:

funny

funny

Called our purchasing agent at the office and ordered a wire stretcher to get the last 48" that we needed due to them sending out the wrong wire measurement....... he called every supplier out there asking if they carried a greenlee wire Stretcher.... I called him back 3 hours later asking when it would make it he said he still was looking and waiting on the suppliers.......
he didn't find out till he asked the owner where he could find one..... still laughing about this one.......

boyle78

alright....I had a master and an apprentice help me convince another JW and his apprentice that we are now phasing emt the color of which hot wire they pulled in. The next day I was at the supply house and I asked if these two bought any phase tape.....as it turns out they got three rolls of each color on the shelf!

zappy

We were waiting in the job site trailer for our tasks for the day,and the foreman says to me "here take this flashlight" i'm thinking o.k.??Then someone says "oh that flashlight is real bright"or something like that,to get me to try it right there in the trailer.Well it worked,i tried it and i got zapped.Everyone started laughing,it was to early for that crap!All i could think is how to get him back!

bobbyho

The foreman on a job put a new, very large pair of granny panties in an apprentices lunch box. The apprentices wife always made his lunch. Wish I could have been there as she slowly raised these massive panties out of the lunchbox.

daleuger

Silly foreman kept parking his golf cart in the way so we fixed him.
golfcart.jpg

There's also a sign on the seat that reads "Deemed unsafe for travel" but I couldn't find the pic of it close-up.

20 some year old guys all over the world are Googling " 8-track cartridge?":smile:

I'm 26 and I didn't have to google it. We had a stereo with an 8 track and record player and a ton of both to go with it when I was a kid.

greg y

Had a 6 mo. apprentice who i told if you took a 4ft. fluorescent bulb and rubbed on it real fast it would heat up really warm [like rubbing your hands together] and when it got warm enough you could bend it to a shape you wanted. He tried but i stopped him before he went to bend it and got hurt but he was trying.

Mule

Silly foreman kept parking his golf cart in the way so we fixed him.
golfcart.jpg

There's also a sign on the seat that reads "Deemed unsafe for travel" but I couldn't find the pic of it close-up.

I'm 26 and I didn't have to google it. We had a stereo with an 8 track and record player and a ton of both to go with it when I was a kid.

Ha ...we used to take a transformer oil syringe filled with water, cut a slit in the golf cart seat right where your butt would set, and flood the foam with water.....then hide and watch the driver set in it, and take off...:grin:

OR, block up the drive wheel, where its just barely off the ground..........thats halarious....

Last edited:

daleuger

Ha ...we used to take a transformer oil syringe filled with water, cut a slit in the golf cart seat right where your butt would set, and flood the foam with water.....then hide and watch the driver set in it, and take off...:grin:

We pulled so many pranks on this guy he was probably already paranoid enough to catch something like that.

Um lets see
1. I sent a 4th yr appren. to supply trailer to get 277 green end flourescent lamps, not the silver end 120v

2. Nolox steering wheel, gear shift, radio knob, emergency brake handle, The pay back was a *****

3. poke holes in peoples coffee cups, water bottles so they dribble

4. used a razor blade to cut threads of the buttons on the shirts where my boss's beer belly would press the most and had him squat down, DAM be careful when the buttons snap off there moving fast.

5. greased phone ear piece

6. pour yellow gatorade in toilet the plumber was working on

P.S. Does the joke have to take place in the electrical field

Last edited by a moderator:

Mule

The one I hate is STL8 on the inside of your hard hat head band...:rolleyes:

OR, glove dust in your hard hat....:grin: PUFF !!! what a mess....

M. D.

4. used a razor blade to cut threads of the buttons on the shirts where my boss's beer belly would press the most and had him squat down, DAM be careful when the buttons snap off there moving fast.

I won't ask how you were able to have that kind of access to the boss's shirts ,...not that there is anything wrong with it :D

CopperTone

I hate to be a party pooper but I personally have seen practical jokes similar to the ones mentioned here ruin a company.

I would not and do not tolerate any sort of practical jokes on our jobsites. Everyone is compensated well and is a professional - so act like it. I've seen grown men who rely on their well paying jobs to raise their families act like children and risk their job and families well being for a stupid practical joke gone bad.
It is embarassing, demeaning and divides your guys. They take sides and gang up on people. You also don't know your co worker as well as you think you do -you really don't know how they will react. This is work, you all are professionals, act like it.

And no, I wasn't the victim of practical jokes - I saw many who were though and didn't stand up for them and that I regret. Now years later owning and operating my company I will not tolerate it.
Bidding jobs is so tight that there is no room for screwing around on the job - get it done and go home.

Mule

I hate to be a party pooper but I personally have seen practical jokes similar to the ones mentioned here ruin a company.

I would not and do not tolerate any sort of practical jokes on our jobsites. Everyone is compensated well and is a professional - so act like it. I've seen grown men who rely on their well paying jobs to raise their families act like children and risk their job and families well being for a stupid practical joke gone bad.
It is embarassing, demeaning and divides your guys. They take sides and gang up on people. You also don't know your co worker as well as you think you do -you really don't know how they will react. This is work, you all are professionals, act like it.

And no, I wasn't the victim of practical jokes - I saw many who were though and didn't stand up for them and that I regret. Now years later owning and operating my company I will not tolerate it.
Bidding jobs is so tight that there is no room for screwing around on the job - get it done and go home.

My comments were from working maintenance not construction, in maintenance you often have dead time. Yes sometimes there is someone who carries things too far, but on the average, mature people know where to quit IMO.....

Like working nights, and inflating a trash bag with a small amount of hydrogen and tying a flashlight to the bottom and releasing it......:grin:

daleuger

I think it might take a little too much time, effort, and stealth but I think it would be great to go in right after a break and fill the job trailer with balloons. Odds are the foreman or green cub will be back before anybody else. Either way it would work out. After knock off or really early before work time maybe?

I won't ask how you were able to have that kind of access to the boss's shirts ,...not that there is anything wrong with it :D

We had company shirts, and the delivery person would put them in the bathroom. One day I was sitting there with a utility knife in my pocket, pulled it out and was careful only to cut a few threads but not to many to have the button fall off. HEHEHEHEHEHE ROFL

Mule

I think it might take a little too much time, effort, and stealth but I think it would be great to go in right after a break and fill the job trailer with balloons. Odds are the foreman or green cub will be back before anybody else. Either way it would work out. After knock off or really early before work time maybe?

Or, lay down somebody's double door uniform locker and fill it with styrafoam peanuts, and then stand it back up......:grin:

Or, fill a piece of tygon tubing with a knot in one end...with water until its around 4-5lbs. Set it in a uniform locker on a shelf crotch high. Close the doors and pinch off the tubing. carefully cut off the end with a razor blade to hide the evidence...:grin: Everyone in the shop will be rolling in the floor.....!!!! and someone will need to change britches.....!!!

djohns6

Well , let's see. Where I work , don't ever take you're hard hat off and set it down . Somebody will put an inch or so of water in it . Not such a bad thing in the summer though .

We were changing out some 20kv feeder breakers , and one of the relay guys was prepping some control cables for termination . One of the wise ass substation mechanics had taken some short pieces of 12/c-10 and pushed them down into a spare conduit . The Relayman stripped the cables and got upset because they weren't numbered . He started bitching out the mechanics for not numbering the cables when they pulled them . The culprit then walked over and pulled the dummy cables out and dropped them at his feet . Boy , was he pissed ! :D

One last story comes from the company garage . Two mechanics were engaged in a prank war . The story goes ,that one of the guys took a can of expandable foam and stuck the nozzle in the slighly opened cover of the other guys rollaround tool box . He filled the box and latched the cover closed . Supposedly took two days for the mechanic to dig the foam out of all of the sockets and other tools .

Status
Not open for further replies.