Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Compatible breakers for a Westinghouse panel

Question Compatible breakers for a Westinghouse panel

Who knows what replacement breakers will work in a Westinghouse CB panel type V583516?
    *Sometimes I wonder why the frisbee keeps getting bigger...and then it hits me!

How old of a panel is this. a quick google search does not come up with anything on this.

have you tried looking & or calling Cutler hammer who know owns westinghouse?

Quote Originally Posted by Electron_Sam78 View Post
    Who knows what replacement breakers will work in a Westinghouse CB panel type V583516?
    What is the breaker type you have in there now?

The Cutler Hammer BR breakers are listed for lots of panels. You might try them. Probably depends on the age of your panel.

THe panel is around 50 years old. It's a commercial model with bolt-in CBs. They bolt in on both sides of the breaker. I think I will try to call CH on this one thanks for the replies.

THe panel is around 50 years old. It's a commercial model with bolt-in CBs. They bolt in on both sides of the breaker. I think I will try to call CH on this one thanks for the replies.
    What type are the breakers? I can help you of you provide info.

I think some challenger bolt in breakers interchange with westinghouse
    THIS SPACE FOR RENT

Quote Originally Posted by zog View Post
    What type are the breakers? I can help you of you provide info.
    There are a couple new ones in there from some recent work but I can't see the brand without taking it out. On a little tiny tag by the terminal it says type OC then after the UL mark it says type HACR. I only want to have one power outage when I unbolt the blanks and put in the new ones.

Exclamation bolt-in blues

If they are the ones I'm thinking of G.E. or cutler-hammer bolt-ins will fit. The tabs are slighty different. I would trim the end of the tab with a pair of tin snips, the re-bend them with two pair of needle nose pliers. This style of panel is one of few that I refuse to swap out hot.. Don't strip out the bus screw.

There are a couple new ones in there from some recent work but I can't see the brand without taking it out. On a little tiny tag by the terminal it says type OC then after the UL mark it says type HACR. I only want to have one power outage when I unbolt the blanks and put in the new ones.
    Got any pics of the panel you can post? I may be able to ID them but cant do anything with the info so far.