Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 13

Thread: Compatible breakers for a Westinghouse panel

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Palm Bay, FL
    Posts
    559

    Question Compatible breakers for a Westinghouse panel

    Who knows what replacement breakers will work in a Westinghouse CB panel type V583516?
    *Sometimes I wonder why the frisbee keeps getting bigger...and then it hits me!

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Lakewood Colorado
    Posts
    600
    How old of a panel is this. a quick google search does not come up with anything on this.

    have you tried looking & or calling Cutler hammer who know owns westinghouse?

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Posts
    6,292
    Quote Originally Posted by Electron_Sam78 View Post
    Who knows what replacement breakers will work in a Westinghouse CB panel type V583516?
    What is the breaker type you have in there now?

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    NC & IN
    Posts
    3,026
    Quote Originally Posted by Electron_Sam78 View Post
    Who knows what replacement breakers will work in a Westinghouse CB panel type V583516?
    The Cutler Hammer BR breakers are listed for lots of panels. You might try them. Probably depends on the age of your panel.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Palm Bay, FL
    Posts
    559
    THe panel is around 50 years old. It's a commercial model with bolt-in CBs. They bolt in on both sides of the breaker. I think I will try to call CH on this one thanks for the replies.
    *Sometimes I wonder why the frisbee keeps getting bigger...and then it hits me!

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Posts
    6,292
    Quote Originally Posted by Electron_Sam78 View Post
    THe panel is around 50 years old. It's a commercial model with bolt-in CBs. They bolt in on both sides of the breaker. I think I will try to call CH on this one thanks for the replies.
    What type are the breakers? I can help you of you provide info.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    2,547
    I think some challenger bolt in breakers interchange with westinghouse
    THIS SPACE FOR RENT

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Palm Bay, FL
    Posts
    559
    Quote Originally Posted by zog View Post
    What type are the breakers? I can help you of you provide info.
    There are a couple new ones in there from some recent work but I can't see the brand without taking it out. On a little tiny tag by the terminal it says type OC then after the UL mark it says type HACR. I only want to have one power outage when I unbolt the blanks and put in the new ones.
    *Sometimes I wonder why the frisbee keeps getting bigger...and then it hits me!

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Oklahoma
    Posts
    448

    Exclamation bolt-in blues

    If they are the ones I'm thinking of G.E. or cutler-hammer bolt-ins will fit. The tabs are slighty different. I would trim the end of the tab with a pair of tin snips, the re-bend them with two pair of needle nose pliers. This style of panel is one of few that I refuse to swap out hot.. Don't strip out the bus screw.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Posts
    6,292
    Quote Originally Posted by Electron_Sam78 View Post
    There are a couple new ones in there from some recent work but I can't see the brand without taking it out. On a little tiny tag by the terminal it says type OC then after the UL mark it says type HACR. I only want to have one power outage when I unbolt the blanks and put in the new ones.
    Got any pics of the panel you can post? I may be able to ID them but cant do anything with the info so far.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •