Interesting quote

Status
Not open for further replies.

chris kennedy

Occupation
60 yr old tool twisting electrician
I got a chuckle from this. The following quote is from the forward to the 09 70E:

The technical content and complexity of the NEC is extremely difficult for the average employer and employee to understand.
This may be somewhat true, but it looks like the writers of 70E are taking a shot at the writers of 70.

dcspector

Appears that way.....Difficult to understand as in key word "average" employee and or employer.......Being an "Electrician" is not an "average" person. Good post Chris.

chris kennedy

Occupation
60 yr old tool twisting electrician
Appears that way.....Difficult to understand as in key word "average" employee and or employer.......Being an "Electrician" is not an "average" person. Good post Chris.

I read that as 'average EC and electrician'.

Greg, it's Monday, shouldn't you be out red taggin' something?

480sparky

I got a chuckle from this. The following quote is from the forward to the 09 70E:

This may be somewhat true, but it looks like the writers of 70E are taking a shot at the writers of 70.

I didn't understand half of that quote.
ugly.gif

480sparky

I don't understand half of 70.:smile:

I don't understand the stuff highlighted in gray. And I need to find a gray highlighter so I can highlight the parts I don't understand that aren't highlighted.
30.gif

Now that I think about it, I'll need more than one highlighter. ;)

wawireguy

"The technical content and complexity of the NEC is extremely difficult for the average employer and employee to understand."

The NEC has numerous sections that could be written in easier to understand english without changing the content. As it is now I have to get online and post questions occasionaly about what should be self explanatory after reading the code book. Prior to the internet it must have just been a crap shoot whether or not you really understood the code. Of course the NFPA wouldn't sell near as many handbooks if that was the case.

Status
Not open for further replies.