yes or no

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cow

Occupation
Electrician
Personally, I'd run THHN/THWN and not struggle to pull it in to conduit.

I can't argue with that except to say the boss likes to feed mobiles and manufactured homes with aluminum. Usually we buy the 3-wire Sweetbriar and add a #4 USE grounding conductor to it.

RUWired

i figured you were checking to see if anyone would jump at running ser cable "above ground" in a conduit, because we all know you can but you can't run it underground in a conduit.

hillbilly

I can't argue with that except to say the boss likes to feed mobiles and manufactured homes with aluminum. Usually we buy the 3-wire Sweetbriar and add a #4 USE grounding conductor to it.

If that's typical Sweetbrier (type USE) you can't (legally) use it for a feeder to a Mobile Home (or any other) breaker panel that's located inside the dwelling.
Southwire makes USE that's cross rated XHHW-2.
http://www.southwire.com/ProductCat...eview=true&token=273&desc=AL SE, SER, and SEU

steve

Mule

Mobile Home vs Manufactured home 3wire vs 4 wire

Mobile Home vs Manufactured home 3wire vs 4 wire

Is there a point where a manufactured home is legal to be fed via 3 wire service and a ground rod? Im going to pull four wires, but I just curious.

I'm bidding a kitchen remodel right now, where the 100 amp service will have to be upgraded to 200 amp.

Its a upscale manufactured home, setting on a concrete foundation, and a decorative concrete stem wall. Hardy board siding. 2200 sq/ft home

Just curious...........................:D

Status
Not open for further replies.