TV Line flash on screen when light turns off..

Status
Not open for further replies.

cadpoint

Looking at another thread. I don't know if this is directly related, but maybe is Outrush or inrush and or flicker!

Is another form of inrush or flicker what you can see as a single line flash on a TV screen as one turns off a light ? Or just a loose neutral ?

If it's not flicker what is it ?> I'm just wondering I don't know?

Does anyone carry a TV to quickly spot a problem like this ? :roll:

LarryFine

Master Electrician Electric Contractor Richmond VA
Occupation
Electrical Contractor
Is another form of inrush or flicker what you can see as a single line flash on a TV screen as one turns off a light ? Or just a loose neutral ?
It's most likely just a bit of RF interference from the arc of the switch contacts opening.

cadpoint

It's most likely just a bit of RF interference from the arc of the switch contacts opening.

Thanks Larry, is there anything I could do in this case to identify this
tweak of RF? Or, just put in a 15 or 20 amp rated switch, or one of better quality ?

This is (I believe) a case of a old 2 conductor, with a newer 12-2 w/G, if that even matters. The switch is on the old line the receptacle is on the new !

Should I just check all the joints and let it ride?

LarryFine

Master Electrician Electric Contractor Richmond VA
Occupation
Electrical Contractor
You can certainly try another switch temporarily, but I wouldn't sweat it. Is it screwing up important recordings, or just an annoyance?

Generally speaking, I wouldn't thing 'critical' TV-watching is occurring during switching lights off.

Status
Not open for further replies.