Meet and Greet (Germantown, Maryland)

Learn the NEC with Mike Holt now!

Meet and Greet (Germantown, Maryland)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

brian john

On the 18 of April Buca does not have a room for 12-20 available there is a room 20-25 available.

The room is free with meals, but they like to fill the room with the approximate numbers (logically).

So I need to get a good count of those that think they WOULD ATTEND, I would like to think 20 would be easy to do?

Meals are average priced salad, pasta, bread drink around 20-25 dollars.

mkgrady

I wouldn't know how to do this but it seems to me you need a website (maybe the restaurant would do it) that has a place to sign up and prepay a deposit with a credit card. If there is not enough interest or commitment by a certain date everybody gets a refund.

You would be weeding out some of the people that will change their mind about coming. For those that prepay but do not show up, the attendees get to use the no-shows money towards their costs. Or maybe it pays for the room in the restaurant if it doesn not meet the minimun headcount. That way if there are numerous no-shows at least the ones that do show will not be eating some minimum charge for the restaurant.

Without doing something like this I suspect you will never know how many people will show or how much it will cost each attendee. I think it would not be fun if people wound up taking a hit for the people that don't show. That issue could sour the mood. My way it would still be fun.

I would go if it were not so far away, but only if Peter didn't come. I think he said he doesn't want to meet us or something like that.

ceknight

.....Brian, that looks like a real nice establishment, now you've got me hungry. What about you ceknight???

Alas, I don't think I can do Maryland in mid April, I'm going to be up to my ears in one of those serious deadline projects around then and have already penciled in that weekend as a rare work weekend. :(

But I'm still doing SW NC in early October. Roger, keep your ears on, we'll try again. And, well, George already knows this but we'll be having a Colorado Regional Meet-and-Greet in July 2010. Assuming any of us are still in business and can afford travel by then, that is. ;)

jumper

Okay, back on topic, remember the mods said thread is alright if we do not go too far astray. I am definitely in. Brian Paul, per a another post do we need to make reservations or such for practical reasons of supporting this meeting in a manner acceptacle to all.

LarryFine

Master Electrician Electric Contractor Richmond VA
Occupation
Electrical Contractor
Larry are you treking 95 North, I assume. I can always ride in the trunk.
No need; I have a Pontiac Montana with plenty of room for 5 passengers.

Of course, if you really want me to, I can Bungee you onto the roof rack.

Naturally, I'll want to spray expanding foam in your ears so you don't whistle.

LarryFine

Master Electrician Electric Contractor Richmond VA
Occupation
Electrical Contractor
I wouldn't know how to do this but it seems to me you need a website (maybe the restaurant would do it) that has a place to sign up and prepay a deposit with a credit card. If there is not enough interest or commitment by a certain date everybody gets a refund.
He could just do the same thing by having everyone mail him $20 bills.

Yeah, sorry about that. Most of the time Bob is totally intolerable and the only thing you want to do is throw your linesman's at his head. ;)

Is that better?

And ruin a perfectly good pair of linemans...a horrible waste.;):grin:

I am interested in this dinner. I woud probably have to stay down for the night. Is there a place somewhere close by?

What is the name of the town and restuarant, so I can google it for directions?

George Stolz

Staff member
Occupation
Service Manager
Since I enjoy meddling, I have added a poll to the thread. Vote yes if you plan to attend. I'm thinking I'm being helpful, adding a head count for Brian.

If I'm not being helpful, Brian owes me a kidney punch. :)

480sparky

I've produced a simple web site I'm willing to maintain to gather & disperse information about these get-togethers.

Click here. Be sure to save it in your Favorites list because it won't show up an a search engine.

Anyone wanting to 'sponsor' a meeting can send me whatever information they have, and I'll post it there.

I can catch a flight on Saturday and go back on Monday.

Arrive in Dulles at 12pm Saturday and leave Dulles on Monday at 8am. I am considering it, I would need to stay somewhere where the prices are reasonable and the bedbugs don't bite too hard.

Or I could drive.
It is 268 miles from my house to Germantown.
I could leave early Saturday and go home on Sunday....I hate the traffic on I-95...maybe it will not be too bad this time of year.

This would be about $100.00 in gas and tolls. the flight would be about $350.00 HMMMMMM which is better? LONG drive/less money or flight/MORE money.

I guess I should start up the collection hat now. :grin:

Status
Not open for further replies.