Originally Posted by Mvillines
Help me understand this statement.
- Does the outside panel count as a "disconnecting means"? That is, will the transfer switch have an "off" position?
- Does the outside panel have to be rated as "service equipment"?
- Would the N-G bond have to be disconnected in the insider panel, and an N-G bond (with connections to the grounding electrode system) have to be installed in the outside panel?
- Would an EGC have to be run between the panels?
- Does anyone do any of steps 1-4?
Charles E. Beck, P.E., Seattle
Comments based on 2008 NEC unless otherwise noted.