Movin' Marlin

Status
Not open for further replies.

chris kennedy

Occupation
60 yr old tool twisting electrician
I was sent this picture and told I need to move this thing 20 feet. No time for Googling around now so I turn to my friends. Whats the skinny on this, looks like a self contained dimming module similar to Graffic Eye.

To much on my plate so thanks for any and all help.
Chris

MovinMarlin.jpg

Jesse7623

Yeah it appears to be a dimming module of sorts.But it is in stainless so moving it could prove to be very difficult...Especially if it needs to be reinstalled in the stainless(20' away).I would price it T&M and go from there.
Best of luck,

donselectric

some type of oven/cooker/hood with a fire(ansil) system that needs to be addressed before you do your thing at least thats what i'd do.....big mess when one of them goes off... thats my guess

al hildenbrand

Occupation
Electrical Contractor, Electrical Consultant, Electrical Engineer
From Jumper's link to the manufacturer, it looks like this is only a low voltage control that is linked to a remote (not in your picture) dimming panel.

There is no documentation at the web site so, whether the wiring to the dimming panel is proprietary is not clear.

There are state by state sales rep contact info there, however.

480sparky

Looks to read DC5, which on their website has this image:

DC5.jpg

Text is:

Uni*Star II DC
The Uni*Star II DC family of controllers is designed to give you full, but simple control over your lighting system. With its intuitive sliding switch interface, users are ready to start operating their system right after it is installed.

Some features:
  • Available with four, eight, or 12 sliders
  • Controls up to 72 channels using the 12 slider version
  • Stores up to six programmable presets, plus on and off
  • Allows manual adjustments to light levels and fade rate using sliders
  • Eight inputs for external devices, such as AV systems or security/fire alarms
  • Input for digital indoor/outdoor photocell
  • Serial port to allow access via personal computer
  • Interfaces with Uni*Star II PDS to give the user access to the lighting system throughout the building
  • Available in many different colors and textures
Tech support for Florida is given as:

Marlin Controls Tech Support
(214)553-5700x201
tech@marlincontrols.com

Millennium Electric
4340 Edgewater Drive
Orlando, FL 32804
(407)420-2001x104
eric@millennium-electric.com
www.millennium-electric.com

Pomeroy Electric
3131 South West 13th Drive
Deerfield Beach, FL 33442
(954)427-0705

Gulf Electric
12522 North U.S. Hwy 301
Suite 12
Thonotosassa, FL 33592
(813)626-6280

Contact info is:

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]phone: (800)788-5750[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]fax: (214)553-1011[/FONT]
Mail:[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]P.O. Box 550457[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Dallas, TX 75355 [/FONT]

Last edited:

JES2727

From Jumper's link to the manufacturer, it looks like this is only a low voltage control that is linked to a remote (not in your picture) dimming panel.

There is no documentation at the web site so, whether the wiring to the dimming panel is proprietary is not clear.

There are state by state sales rep contact info there, however.

I concur. That's what it is, The Marlin Uni*Star. Probably just a bunch of small wires behind it. Moving it shouldn't be too difficult, but maybe time consuming.

ultramegabob

I have worked on a Marlin dimmer panel before, but it wasnt anything like that, it was a great big box full of dimmer modules, and it had the push button programmer built into the door, it was in an Applebees resturaunt. like Jes2727 says, it probly is just a bunch of wires to be cut and extended, make sure you have lables if they are not color coded:D and I would get a quote from someone with a plasma cutter to cut a new hole in the stainless if you are going to mount it the same way....

Status
Not open for further replies.