How much do you charge for a service call

Status
Not open for further replies.

emahler

That's the spirit aline, now your getting it.

Bradley, I don't think dnk or lgls discriminate. They want poverty for all.

Dnkldorf

You're right.

You should never adjust your pricing according to what it costs you to opperate your business.

You should just adjust your pricing according to whatever everyone else is charging.
That's the only thing that really matters. :)

Well, it's your business, I don't care what you do.

But if everyone else is finding ways to reduce expenses, and you don't, who do think think is going to make more profit dollars.

I would get away from the, "what everyone else is charging and doing " mentality.
All your doing is following sheep.

Instead, find a way to seperate yourself from the herd, and prosper.

But again, it's your business, and you can do what you want.

Dnkldorf

That's the spirit aline, now your getting it.

Bradley, I don't think dnk or lgls discriminate. They want poverty for all.

Another gross misrepresentation provided in an attempt to bolster an argument that doesn't exist.

We had a saying back in my days in the the service, that applies to you 3 guys.

If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, baffle them with _________.

I think it applies to you guys very well.

(Bradley, not you, sorry)

Last edited:

emahler

Another gross misrepresentation provided in an attempt to bolster an argument that doesn't exist.

We had a saying back in my days in the the service, that applies to you 3 guys.

If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, baffle them with _________.

I think it applies here.

Personal attacks? Ok. What's the saying about the difference between genius and stupidity.

Dnk, you are a wall. Good luck.

electricguy

I take most of what dnk says with a grain of salt. I want a profitable service company but posts like the following I cant openly discuss Flat Rate with Dave . Rotor rooter ,Sears, auto mahanics , All seem to have pricing books.

Last edited by a moderator:

Rewire

Well, it's your business, I don't care what you do.

But if everyone else is finding ways to reduce expenses, and you don't, who do think think is going to make more profit dollars.

I would get away from the, "what everyone else is charging and doing " mentality.
All your doing is following sheep.

Instead, find a way to seperate yourself from the herd, and prosper.

But again, it's your business, and you can do what you want.

I am a strong believer in that beaten paths are for beaten men.

emahler

Most Electrical contractor (not virtual contractors) are doing that.

not at all...very few are...very, very few...that's why it's so novel for a company to come into an area and turn the local world upside down....

most electrical contractors think they are because they don't know any better...they never learned any better...we are limited by our knowledge and our imaginations...

Rewire

not at all...very few are...very, very few...that's why it's so novel for a company to come into an area and turn the local world upside down....

most electrical contractors think they are because they don't know any better...they never learned any better...we are limited by our knowledge and our imaginations...

Why do you believe very few are? I must preface this that their is a difference between an Electrical Contractor ands a self employed electrician.

emahler

Why do you believe very few are? I must preface this that their is a difference between an Electrical Contractor ands a self employed electrician.

years of experience...in any given market, there is 1 market leader and a few that are vying for the top spot (this is in relation to the resi/lt commercial service market)....

there are 100 other EC's who don't know what business they are in (service, new resi, new commercial, all, some, none....) and they have no direction...they wait for the phone to ring, pray for work....they aren't set up for any one thing, so they are inefficient in many...their employees are not trained...no benefits...no anything...

unfortunately, most EC's fall into this category, mostly by default...they were never taught anything different...

emahler

and for those of you not in the resi/lt commercial service category, look at the leaders of your targeted market...i guarantee that the things they do and offer and not on the beaten path..

funny thing is that there are clear and simple paths to take, and things to do, to succeed...problem is most people only follow 1/2 or less of the steps...reach a level of comfort and stop...

others simply follow the path a little longer, and reap much better benefits...

there is nothing, that any one of us is going to think of, that hasn't already been thought of...some of the people that thought of it, walked the path 1/4 way and quit...some walked to the end...

follow the ones who walked to the end...don't worry about creating the better mousetrap...

Rewire

years of experience...in any given market, there is 1 market leader and a few that are vying for the top spot (this is in relation to the resi/lt commercial service market)....

there are 100 other EC's who don't know what business they are in (service, new resi, new commercial, all, some, none....) and they have no direction...they wait for the phone to ring, pray for work....they aren't set up for any one thing, so they are inefficient in many...their employees are not trained...no benefits...no anything...

unfortunately, most EC's fall into this category, mostly by default...they were never taught anything different...

I don't subscribe to the idea that their can only be one leader in a market . I also dont believe that their just a few who know what business they are in.I think you are looking at the self employed electricians as electrical contractors.

emahler

I don't subscribe to the idea that their can only be one leader in a market . I also dont believe that their just a few who know what business they are in.I think you are looking at the self employed electricians as electrical contractors.

Subscribe to what you want.

LawnGuyLandSparky

There's Sears, and then there's my local 5 and 10. I don't think the owners of the 5 and 10 want to be Sears. Nothing wrong with that.

There are only so many diamonds in the mine. The more people join in the digging, the less there is for everybody.

Status
Not open for further replies.