Bathroom GFCi

Status
Not open for further replies.

dwellselectric

Inactive, Email Never Verified
I have a odd situation where I am roughing a small bathroom and the vanity and shower are very close together. I have my switch for the vanity light and a gfci outlet basically right outside of the shower due to no room. Now I have searched the code but cannot find it but is there a clearance that I must keep away from the shower for my gfci? I thought that there was but cannot find it.

M. D.

I have a odd situation where I am roughing a small bathroom and the vanity and shower are very close together. I have my switch for the vanity light and a gfci outlet basically right outside of the shower due to no room. Now I have searched the code but cannot find it but is there a clearance that I must keep away from the shower for my gfci? I thought that there was but cannot find it.
Kind of old but still accurate I think
http://forums.mikeholt.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=1610&d=1209500615

M. D.

Is it legal to have the switch for the op's vanity light on a non gfi or separate from the bath circuit?
If so is there a distance restriction?
Yes and no . Would you believe the only requirement for a wall sconce on the shower wall is that it be wet location rated. It isn't required to GFCI protected and the switch can be right up to the edge of the stall space .

Status
Not open for further replies.