great tool for cutting conduit

Status
Not open for further replies.

charlietuna

There are jobs for portable tools---Cutting rigid conduit is not one of them--and in my opinion reduces the lifespan of the battery.. I believe in portable tools--and my men understand their limitations..............

peter d

Cordless tools are great for small EMT, but large sizes demand a vise (tri -stand?) and portable band saw for maximum efficiency.

220/221

One of you clowns should design a sawzall specifically designed for cutting conduit.

I retired the hacksaw many years ago. It's easily twice as fast to cut with a sawzall and you don't need a vice device to hold it.

It's not very safe for newbies though. I can see how you could open up a finger real quick.:wink:

JJWalecka

Cordless tools are good for a few cuts when moving from work area, to work area.

If possible run a cord and use corded tool. Corded tools are faster and more efficient in most applications.

JJ

JJWalecka

One of you clowns should design a sawzall specifically designed for cutting conduit.

I retired the hacksaw many years ago. It's easily twice as fast to cut with a sawzall and you don't need a vice device to hold it.

It's not very safe for newbies though. I can see how you could open up a finger real quick.:wink:

The reciprocating part, that holds the blade, is an accident waiting to happen if you are not paying attention.

JJ

ohmhead

Well we see a purpose for underground large pvc cutting .
But we use mostly a electric due to it only cuts a few 4 inch and the batts dead !!

We see a band saw for 2 inch to 4 inch cutting .
We use electric band saw the battery ones are a joke !!

We see a hacksaw for 1/2 inch thur 1 inch conduit on small jobs or large jobs when just ruffn in walls.

Heres why for the people who dont do commercial work everyday your up on a ladder in the ceiling hacksaw is better .

You batterys take time meaning on a real construction site that batt charger is a long way from your work area !!

I see guys walking back a forth to get batts when they could have just cut the pipe with a hacksaw .

Time is lost with certain battery tools and its not faster to cut its only seconds of a differance if you know how to use a hacksaw.

Heres another issue cost of repair when its lost or stolen or dropped !!!
Battery tools dont last as long as electric tools fact !!

To carry around a sawsall all day for small pipe is really a waste of your companys time it easy to cut pipe but a loss in labor that your company has to incure and pay you to walk around with you extra tools not needed if you were not lazy . take care be safe and buy a hacksaw it better money wise .

Last edited:

iaov

My next tool to buy is the Milwaukee Haczall. I don't cut conduit all day and for the little bit of cutting I do I think it will fit the bill nicely.

active1

There was a time when I could cut pipe faster with a hack saw than any cordless sawsall. I do so little pipework now I lost my hack saws.

This looked like a good idea from Milwaukee. A cordless pipe cutter. It looks like it works more like a tubing cutter. Trouble is it's listed as for use with copper only and uses a 12v ion battery system.

http://www.amazon.com/Milwaukee-2471-21-12-Volt-Pipe-Cutter/dp/B001FB64N0

Status
Not open for further replies.