Dear Klein Tools...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fulthrotl

~Autocorrect is My Worst Enema.~
This is Nylon.......but there tough as nails, and would most likely work for your Hilti 903
KLE-5180-1.jpg
:cool:

http://www.acetoolonline.com/Klein-5180-Nylon-Tool-Bag-w-Vinyl-X-Large-p/kle-5180.htm

it would, if it were 30" long... alas, it's 24" long. diagonally, it's 30" however.
hm... it's gonna be level 8 funky dragging it around.... with the hammer twisted
cattywompus in the bag.... hm... if i had panels in the ends of the bag, the
demo hammer might not twist the bag all up.... and the bits could go in the
bottom of the bag.... i can go look and see... thanks for the info....

i hate when i get like this.... get over it, randy, it's just a bag for a chipping
hammer.... geez.

wireguru

dont know if you want to be carrying around a dewalt bag, but they make a 30" bag that I think would work well. Its $20something bucks on amazon.

mikeames

Occupation
Teacher - Master Electrician - 2017 NEC
the brown one looks like my first tool pouch. it was made by general electric. anyone ever see a GE tool pouch?

I have one and I still use it. I have had it for about 10 years. The new ones no longer have the GE patch on it but the same model is made by Macguire Nicholas.
4171K14uEmL._SL500_AA280_.jpg

augie47

Staff member
Occupation
State Electrical Inspector (Retired)
I am a devoted consumer of your hand tools,but PLEASE,quit taking up precious supply house shelf space with these outmoded old man's tool pouches.SERIOUSLY!!!.Does anyone buy these things?

5300.jpg

aefe826e-86fa-4c36-b361-23f9c14fefb.jpg
and your suggestion for us OLD men wearing this ancient artifacts is that we change to what ???????

480sparky

do you really need to carry that many tools at once?

Us old geezers don't. We can do 98% of our work with our 9-kliens, T-strippers and 10-in-1 stuffed in our pocket. I have yet to figure out why some guys want to lug 120 pounds of tools around all day.

Last edited:

augie47

Staff member
Occupation
State Electrical Inspector (Retired)
maybe it is another of my "old age" things, but during the years when my job included supervision, 90% of the time, my guys better have some type tool pouch ON.
If you happen to be at a "sit down" job (control panel, etc) or crawling in a particulary tight spot were valid exceptions. But for most of our jobs you needed enough basics that a tool pouch was not optional. Having to climb up or down to get a tool or borrowing a basic tool from a co-worker raised my b/p 100 points.

mivey

I use the brown one when I need more than I can stuff in my pockets but less than my tool bag.

marcerrin

The cool thing about this one is you can clip your tape on as well as clip on bags and accessories.http://bestbelt.com/images/flash/2500.swf

http://bestbelt.com/product/belts-accessories/9501-clipon-bag.html:cool:

I bought this belt last year and it screwed my neck and back up. It put too much pressure on my lower neck. I tried adjusting it every which way I could, but ended up going back to my old Cordura set-up. If anyone wants to buy one for a great deal PM me and I'll send pics.

ibew441dc

I bought this belt last year and it screwed my neck and back up. It put too much pressure on my lower neck. I tried adjusting it every which way I could, but ended up going back to my old Cordura set-up. If anyone wants to buy one for a great deal PM me and I'll send pics.

You bought a Occidental Suspenda-vest last year and it screwed your neck and back up??:confused:

I know 3 people who use them regularly with completely opposite feed back. I myself have one, the only complaint I have is the heat factor in the summer....it's great for indoor commercial work, awesome on a scissor lift, and great for tight areas:cool:.

How many tools did you load it up with? Around the shoulders ,or the most common, around the waste..............too much weight and worse off , unbalance, can really screw ya up.

marcerrin

You bought a Occidental Suspenda-vest last year and it screwed your neck and back up??:confused:

I know 3 people who use them regularly with completely opposite feed back. I myself have one, the only complaint I have is the heat factor in the summer....it's great for indoor commercial work, awesome on a scissor lift, and great for tight areas:cool:.

How many tools did you load it up with? Around the shoulders ,or the most common, around the waste..............too much weight and worse off , unbalance, can really screw ya up.

Yeah, got it from occidental last year, with a leather pouch for one side. Slid on my own nail-bag on the other side. I dont load up too heavy; t-5s, dikes, kleins, knife, philips, flathead, speed driver, 6" needle nose on one side; wirenuts, staples, tape measure, torpedo, misc, bits, pencils, and sharpie on the other. My hammer hangs on a loop directly off the back of my belt. When I use a cordless I use the small 11v Makita pistol impact driver mostly.

It may just be the way it fit me specifically. It actually flattened my lower neck because the side pouches cant sit far enough back, so it was constantly pulling forward on my lower neck.

ibew441dc

It may just be the way it fit me specifically. It actually flattened my lower neck because the side pouches cant sit far enough back, so it was constantly pulling forward on my lower neck.

My first recommendation would be to shed some weight from your Suspenda-vest before calling it quits.
I found that the removable clip on bags are much better than putting full bags on there. With the clip ons , well the benefit should be obvious......when your not using them take them off, if you need more stuff load them up.

Have you considered the stronghold suspension kit? They make a retro-fit system with strong shoulder straps, and you can put any bags you want on there. The plus to these( I prefer this set up) is that they are cooler.

iwire

Staff member

Are you tall?

Another guy had the same issue in the user reviews at Amazon.

mlp425

The company I work for requires a safety harness to be worn while in a scissor lift. Doesn't the Suspenda-vest interfere with the harness?

Status
Not open for further replies.