Ballpark Figure On Getting Power to A/C Unit

Status
Not open for further replies.

kwired

Electron manager
I suggest there is a difference between friends and aquintances no matter how rural.
Maybe, it is almost a different culture here then other places. My brother in law was just here last week - he lives in Virginia. He grew up here but is amused every time he comes at how much different people are in general. He can't get over the concept of filling your car with gas then going in to pay for it. It is done all around the midwest AFAIK. Do we trust our fellow man too much here? You drive off without paying you probably get found easier then you do in the big cities as well.

One bad thing about it is everyone knows things whether you want them to know about it or not - and of course the gossip spreads around and is not always accurate either. But otherwise people are watching out for one another in general. Something out of the ordinary going on and someone will check it out or call authorities.

iwire

Staff member
Maybe, it is almost a different culture here then other places. My brother in law was just here last week - he lives in Virginia. He grew up here but is amused every time he comes at how much different people are in general. He can't get over the concept of filling your car with gas then going in to pay for it. It is done all around the midwest AFAIK. Do we trust our fellow man too much here? You drive off without paying you probably get found easier then you do in the big cities as well.

One bad thing about it is everyone knows things whether you want them to know about it or not - and of course the gossip spreads around and is not always accurate either. But otherwise people are watching out for one another in general. Something out of the ordinary going on and someone will check it out or call authorities.

You do understand that even where I live we leave doors open, my truck is often unlocked and yes I can pump first then pay I many stations. :D

kwired

Electron manager
You do understand that even where I live we leave doors open, my truck is often unlocked and yes I can pump first then pay I many stations. :D
Since we are off topic anyway why not a little more... We had cattle rustling incident recently. A woman sold a guy from about 100 miles away a herd of cattle. He paid her and came with trucks to pick them up. The cattle she sold him were not hers, and she didn't even have any to sell, they did eventually find the cattle and are have arrested the woman that sold them, it is awaiting court proceedings.

The other day my wife called me and asked me if I was expecting a delivery or someone to pick something up, because she saw a pickup truck pull into our place and kind of behind the shop and she could not see from the house just what was going on. I eventually talked her into getting in her car and driving by to see what was going on - the guy in the truck was taking a nap - she confronted him and asked if he needed any help with anything. Turns out he worked for an agronomy supply company and was delivering product to one of my neighbors - just happened to get the wrong directions and thought he was just waiting for someone to show up that was never going to be at this location.

flyboy

Since we are off topic anyway why not a little more... We had cattle rustling incident recently. A woman sold a guy from about 100 miles away a herd of cattle. He paid her and came with trucks to pick them up. The cattle she sold him were not hers, and she didn't even have any to sell, they did eventually find the cattle and are have arrested the woman that sold them, it is awaiting court proceedings.

I hate when that happens. That's why I always buy my cattle at Shoprite.

The other day my wife called me and asked me if I was expecting a delivery or someone to pick something up, because she saw a pickup truck pull into our place and kind of behind the shop and she could not see from the house just what was going on. I eventually talked her into getting in her car and driving by to see what was going on - the guy in the truck was taking a nap - she confronted him and asked if he needed any help with anything. Turns out he worked for an agronomy supply company and was delivering product to one of my neighbors - just happened to get the wrong directions and thought he was just waiting for someone to show up that was never going to be at this location.

Around here you call 911 and they send out a S.W.A.T. team to check it out for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.