Crawl space wiring

Status
Not open for further replies.

jim3394

I need to run an a/c circuit to the outside wall of an enclosed patio. There is a crawl space with a small access area. (My girlish figure cannot get in there). It would be about a 12 foot run under the crawl space. Any good ideas-or what my options would be-other than making my 11 year old son apprentice for the day and putting him in the access area.

Buck Parrish

Drill a hole from the out side. Then stick 1/2" conduit in with couplings.
You could get across 20 feet pretty easily useing this method.
I don't know what to tell you about the staples. May be some other members would volunteer to come over to your house to staple the wire up.:wink:

hillbilly

I've done that in the past.
Used 1/2" PVC conduit, glued (2) 10 sections together and slid it through to the other side.
Glue a LB on each end, and you're ready to pull wire.

Works well.

Just a opinion
steve

ericsherman37

I'm pretty skinny and I once wound up having to crawl between 2x8 deck joists that were baaaaaaaarely above the ground level. Crawled all the way to the end of the joist bay... it was pretty claustrophobic but my journeyman was up on top with a crowbar ready to pry up deck boards if it became necessary.

TOOL_5150

I don't know what to tell you about the staples. May be some other members would volunteer to come over to your house to staple the wire up.:wink:

I have done the PVC thing quite a few times - its great, even 3/4 can bend around quite a bit, and only has to be secured every 10 feet, rather than 4.5 for romex

~Matt

Status
Not open for further replies.