Above the roof mast question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Buck Parrish

I had a truck hit a customers service and tore it off the house this morning.
I need to extend the new mast about 5 ft above the roof. I am going to use my 10 ft piece of rigid on the top. So as not to have a splice on the top.
Do you see any thing wrong with useing emt on the 5 ft. of bottom section?

iwire

Staff member
Seriously check with the serving utility, they have a lot more to say about masts then the NEC.

Most likely you could download the info from the utility's web site.

TOOL_5150

When I use 2" rigid or IMC, POCO here allows up to 54" the roofline without backguying. Thats good, because I hate putting holes in the roof for additional supports - im an electrician, not a roofer.

~Matt

charlie

Seriously check with the serving utility, they have a lot more to say about masts then the NEC. Most likely you could download the info from the utility's web site.
Absolutely! We all have different requirements and since our service drop is to be supported, we get to set up the requirements or we will take our toys and go home. :)

augie47

Staff member
Occupation
State Electrical Inspector (Retired)
From Chapter 9, Table 1: :D

"(9) A multiconductor cable or flexible cord of two or more conductors shall be treated as a single conductor for calculating percentage conduit fill area. For cables that have elliptical cross sections, the cross-sectional area calculation shall be based on using the major diameter of the ellipse as a circle diameter. "

Buck Parrish

Well I did have to use a little soap. But, I think it is routiely used in 2" conduit.

Hey , any body notice the Emt ? Like Pierre said earlier. Probably no body would notice.

augie47

Staff member
Occupation
State Electrical Inspector (Retired)
Well I did have to use a little soap. But, I think it is routiely used in 2" conduit.

Hey , any body notice the Emt ? Like Pierre said earlier. Probably no body would notice.

what counts is the fact that POCO didn't notice (care)

Status
Not open for further replies.