Hidden camera outlets....

Status
Not open for further replies.

e57

While looking for something esle completely - I found this gem.

David Mitchell Clark, 34, was arrested this week by Rancho Cucamonga Police after he allegedly installed hidden cameras in the bathrooms of unsuspecting customers who hired him for electrical work. ~ The Police Department has warned consumers, in a press release, to check their electrical outlets for possible hidden cameras, if they hired David Clark to perform work.

480sparky

........I was just wondering how one gets a camera inside an outlet? :confused:

You can just buy them.

633567339364123750_cvl54.jpg

iwire

Staff member
someone should make an outlet camera that actually looks like an outlet (yeah i know - receptacle) that thing doesnt come close to any receptacle ive ever seen.

It could look a lot worse then it is and fool the laymen.

I often spot smoke detector cameras but that is because I first notice the placement is odd. The smoke detector cameras seem to be popular with loss prevention at stores to keep an eye on employees.

http://www.spytown.com/smokdetcam.html

480sparky

It could look a lot worse then it is and fool the laymen.

I often spot smoke detector cameras but that is because I first notice the placement is odd. The smoke detector cameras seem to be popular with loss prevention at stores to keep an eye on employees.

http://www.spytown.com/smokdetcam.html

Simply Google the term "Covert Cameras" and you'll find all sorts of stuff cameras are hidden in.... clock radios, plastic plants, exit signs, pencil sharpeners, etc.

I know a guy to does PI work, and he asked me where he could find a telephone pedistal. He wanted to install a camera/recorder set to surveille a farmhouse. I thought the idea was brilliant.

480sparky

They mean 3 for electrical, 3 for - say plumbing....

I was just wondering how one gets a camera inside an outlet? :confused:

After reading the article, it doesn't say the cameras were in the receptacles. The cameras were installed "the bathrooms of unsuspecting customers who hired him for electrical work."

e57

Yeah, I guess they can make them that small But ---- So is the receptical also operational??? As you can plug stuff into it and have it provide power that is - not also operational as a camera.....

Status
Not open for further replies.