200A Service in 1-1/4" RMC?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You can run 4" RMC if you want, it still isn't any stronger then what it is fastened to. 2 inch is plenty strong enough if well fastened and the drop isn't too long or heavy. If there are large tree limbs hanging over the drop - it doesn't matter how heavy the mast is - something is likely going to break if that limb ever falls. If anything POCO should refuse to connect a drop when there are tree limbs that threaten the line.

I agree, I've never seen over 2" for residential in my 34 years, neither had ComEd rep and she's been there over 20.
In this case though the service is supported by fork bolt on the house not the conduit.

kwired

Electron manager
I agree, I've never seen over 2" for residential in my 34 years, neither had ComEd rep and she's been there over 20.
In this case though the service is supported by fork bolt on the house not the conduit.

Going by NEC only, if the service drop is not supported by the raceway - it can be most any raceway that is suitable for outdoors, or even use suitable cable assemblies - in particular type SE.

TobyD

In our area the support if through the roof has to be 2.5'' local AHJ requirement.But, If all the fill limitations are within code could you possibly install an eye-bolt to support you triplex from the utility provider?The inspector may not cite your install if you don't call it to his attention.

Status
Not open for further replies.