Can this inusualtion be??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Smart $

Esteemed Member
Specs says RHH/RHW-2/USE-2 Low smoke zero halogen. Can you have both? Aren't they both insulations?
I see 3... so are referring to any 2 in particular?

That said, it is not uncommon to have insulation which meet the standards for more than one type and labeled as such.

jmellc

Occupation
Facility Maintenance Tech. Licensed Electrician
A lot of wire is multi labeled as THWN & THHN, or also MTW as well.

mstrlucky74

For example can you have a USE-2 wire with LSZH also? These are not BOTH insulation types? I would say not because I have seen this wire before.

Maybe LSZH is the jacket and not the insulation

Last edited:

Joe Villani

For example can you have a USE-2 wire with LSZH also? These are not BOTH insulation types? I would say not because I have seen this wire before.

Yes. However since you can't use USE-2 in a building it will have another rating also as RHW (for example)

To achieve the LSZH additional additives are added to the insulation.

I have seen this as a spec in tunnels and shafts.

General cable is one manufacturer that has this type of product.

Smart $

Esteemed Member

LSZH ( or LSOH or LS0H or LSFH or OHLS) is an additional classification for the jacket/insulation... but it has nothing to do with conductor insulating properties, at least not directly. Somewhat similar to conductor types that are additionally labeled sunlight resistant.

Status
Not open for further replies.