Requirements for advancing Florida ES limited energy license to an EC unlimited

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey Everyone,
I currently retain a Florida Certified ES license for limited energy systems. The license is attached to my own business for 2 years . I do all of my own low voltage wiring and a lot of times I'll run into opportunities to make additional income working with licensed EC contractors to complete project work they need a hand to complete for their own scope of work. I do quite a bit of sub work for other local EC contractors as well. But my work is never documented, they'll compensate me on the side with straight $$. Keeps it simple.

Would anyone know how difficult it would be to upgrade my ES license to an EC license under my conditions? I know some of the requirements by the Florida ECLB for a EC license is 6 yrs minimum as a documented journeyman, plus all the tests but not sure considering I've already jumped through most of those hoops from my ES. Anyone from Florida have any experience with this?? I don't want to waste all the time studying for the technical exam again if I need additional documentation for on the job experience so I'm qualified for the ECLB to approve my advancement towards an EC for unlimited electrical. At least if I know, I can plan accordingly what I need to do first. Thanks in advance for your reply.
Joe

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.