Rocky Mountain Region Meet & Greet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dennis Alwon

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrical Contractor
In all seriousness I think it is great that the members have an opportunity to just talk and get to know each other. The meet and greet is not for everyone but for those who enjoy it I think it is great.

electricmanscott

In all seriousness I think it is great that the members have an opportunity to just talk and get to know each other. The meet and greet is not for everyone but for those who enjoy it I think it is great.

I agree and I'll present proof that they are not for everyone. Exhibit A: How many members does this board have. Even using active members there are still quite a few. Exibit B: How many have actually gone to the meet and greets.

Of course I don;t actually know the answers to the above questions. ;)

George Stolz

Staff member
Occupation
Service Manager
Sometimes the spirit is willing but the bank account and schedule is weak. I imagine there's as many reasons for not going as there are members, Scott. :)

I still enjoyed the evening. :cool:

quogueelectric

I agree and I'll present proof that they are not for everyone. Exhibit A: How many members does this board have. Even using active members there are still quite a few. Exibit B: How many have actually gone to the meet and greets.

Of course I don;t actually know the answers to the above questions. ;)
I think the east coast members were much more handsome. We should have a poll and let the members decide.................

barclayd

George...Thanks for putting the time in to get this together.

Thanks to everyone for taking time out of their schedules to attend.

Had a wonderful time, getting to see and know everyone. Loved the horror stories, and jokes. :grin:

Will have to try and do it again.

Dave

Amen. Great time.
$100 worth of pizza & beer - how could NOT it be a great time??
Plus, it was in COLORADO. Which happens to be very far away from that alleged "east coast" thing they keep talking about.
great time
thanks george
guess you'll have to hand deliver our stickers.
db

480sparky

Just an update from my angle on the shin-dig (pun intended there, George!
Rim_Shot_emoticon.gif
).

I arrived at the Stolz Ranch just after noon Saturday, and helped him and his father install a garage door in a shed. I wasn't exactly dressed for work, or bring any tools, but I did what I could. I also got to see his concrete abilities, and it gave me pause as to how long the local authorities will be before they arrive and want to dig it up looking for bodies.
600003434.gif

George was kind enough to offer me lodging at his place for the night, and even gave me a ride to and from the gathering. So I want to publicly thank him for being such a gracious host and for putting up with me.

The next morning, I left for Wyoming for some sight-seeing and a licensing update class in Douglas, so I haven't been online for a while. I also am going to enjoy the Wyoming Wind Festival while I'm here. (For those of you who want to make plans, the WWF runs Jan. 1st through Dec. 31st every year).

It was a great evening, and I felt I was in the presence of a great group of people. It was nice to put a name, face and voice to some user names. I look forward to the Minneapolis and Dallas gatherings.

FWIW, give me some time, and I can work with the original image and maybe get a better photo to post.

480sparky

You really know how to hurt a guy. :grin: Dang all we needed was to make the faces visible not put it in an photo contest.

Not insulting you at all, Dennis. It's just I have the original 12mp image to work with, not the 0.22 mp image posted. I thought if I could brighten the image before it's reduced, it may be a bit clearer and you could see George's knees.:)

Dennis Alwon

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrical Contractor
Not insulting you at all, Dennis. It's just I have the original 12mp image to work with, not the 0.22 mp image posted. I thought if I could brighten the image before it's reduced, it may be a bit clearer and you could see George's knees.:)

I was just joking I know you didn't mean it as an insult but my photo enhancing abilities are not very good as you can see by the photo. I also did it in less than a minute. I would be interested in seeing how good you can make it. When I look at photo books and they show the before and after I must admit sometimes I think the before shot is better. :grin:

Status
Not open for further replies.