OOOOLD "GFI" circuit breakers from 1972

Status
Not open for further replies.

Electron_Sam78

I found some old ITE GOULD "GFI" circuit breakers on the shelf at the shop the other day. The copyright on the instruction booklet was 1972 on one and 1969 on the other. I didn't know those things had been around that long.

infinity

Staff member
Occupation
Journeyman Electrician
I believe that they might be Class B GFCI devices that were used for pool lighting back in those days. They have a higher trip level than the Class A devices we use today.

Jim W in Tampa

Check out this pdf, I know many of you HATE HI's :grin:, but the HI that helped put this together is an electrician.

http://www.nachi.org/bbsystem/usrfiles/G/GFCI.pdf

HATE is rather harsh word. HI's mostly seem to lack code skills and do not know how to apply the code year that a house was built under. They typically just find a few things that they THINK might be wrong and then tell there customer to hire an electrician to check it. Might as well save money and just hire one to start with. Now a few actually might be qualified and likely were in the field long enough to actually do the job.

norcal

If they are Gould/I-T-E they are not from 1972, Gould Inc. bought the I-T-E Imperial Corp. in 1976 & sold them off about 1984.

Status
Not open for further replies.