What single tool have you lost, or had to replace the most?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cadpoint

IT's been a toss up between three over the years, the Flat, the Phillips, and the Blunt nose cutters.

Hey, Happy Birthday! Buy yourself something!

EBFD6

I couldn't even start to count the number of mini-mag flashlights I've lost. I don't think I've ever owned one longer than 2 months, usually leave them in a drop ceiling or drop them down a wall.

guitarsarge

I go through a lot of "ringers" between dropping them in the abyss of loose fill insulation, helpers, or those dog-gone watch batteries popping out along with the end cap...

ultramegabob

I couldn't even start to count the number of mini-mag flashlights I've lost. I don't think I've ever owned one longer than 2 months, usually leave them in a drop ceiling or drop them down a wall.

I know where one is taped to a conduit above a suspended ceiling aimed at a j-box that I was working in, I would imagine the battery has run down by now....

nunu161

i probably lost about 4 or 5 levels over the past 4 years damn bar joists they get me every time, i realized today that my $35 level was gone, that might have been stolen though

tim123

gloves... pulling wire, bending pipe, running mc I like wearing them.... but I don't like wearing them for make up.. so I put them down and never remember where I put them... I eventually find them after I buy a new pair.

I was always losing the 25' chrome stanley tape measures everyone seems to have these... right up until I bought a big ugly cheap green one. I have had this one a long long time now, also started putting my name on the back side of the 20' mark :wink:

rt66electric

wiggy gone

wiggy gone

I have lost two wiggys' lately. I just charge screwdrivers to whichever job I'm on. At one time while I was two tools Up on the lost/found department located above ceiling tiles.. That did not last long. DENNIS

quogueelectric

Hacksaws people just love to steal hacksaws. I have had to buy about 40 of them until I painted mine purple and now noone will steal it. I did shed a tear when I had a carbide cutter set stolen about 300-350 at a mall in Hicksville. Moo-Hoo!!

nhfire77

I don't lose the 5-in-1 driver, I lose the freaking bits. 2 so far this year, you'd think I'd have learned to push them in all the way by now..... ;)

I hear that!!! I use the 10 in 1.

Greenlee has a new model out. The #2 Phillips and large flat blade are the large bit size like in the 5 in 1. The other bits are the smaller ones like the 10 in 1. Since I used the #2 phillips the most and now its larger I haven't lost it... yet.

satcom

Hammer Drills have legs, now we have them signed for and inforce the care for all company tools, the legs stopped working

360Youth

I think I went the first 5 or 6 years without ever losing a hammer, and now I couldn't tell you how many I have replaced. I usually lose the occassional tool more than the frequent one because I forget that I used it or do not think to check for it in my bag when I cleanup.

Here's an add-on question if it hasn't been adressed already, how many of the "lost" tools do you find right after buying a replacement. Bought a new pair or wire strippers a few weeks ago and found my other pair the next day at our shop. Talking to my brother on the phone, looked down, there they were. :roll:

Status
Not open for further replies.