track lighting transformer

Status
Not open for further replies.

JdoubleU

Could someone help me out on how to size a transformer for low voltage track lighting. How would I go about doing that?

Dennis Alwon

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrical Contractor
Could someone help me out on how to size a transformer for low voltage track lighting. How would I go about doing that?

Well if you have a low voltage track then you will be limited to 300 watts unless it is a 2- circuit track. In that case you can get a 600 watt trany but it is basically 2- 300 watt tranies in one. How many watts do you have?

B4T

I recently did a LV outdoor lighting system

The HADCO Transformer had (4) 300w max circuits.

Is 300w the max. load by code for LV circuits?

It works out to 25a @ 12V.

Dennis Alwon

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrical Contractor
I recently did a LV outdoor lighting system

The HADCO Transformer had (4) 300w max circuits.

Is 300w the max. load by code for LV circuits?

It works out to 25a @ 12V.

That is why the tranies are rated 300 watts. I have used 600 watt one but like I said it is two circuits and I believe someone makes a 900 watt unit which is 3 - 300 watt tranies

infinity

Staff member
Occupation
Journeyman Electrician
I recently installed some of these. IMO they are the best LV lighting transformers out there. This one comes in an 1800 watt version with 6 LV breakers.

Q6thumb.gif

stickboy1375

I recently installed some of these. IMO they are the best LV lighting transformers out there. This one comes in an 1800 watt version with 6 LV breakers.

Q6thumb.gif

I installed one of those for led landscape lights. :) obviously not a 1800 watt version, but still, the led lights were 3 watts each, what a joke.

Status
Not open for further replies.