Installing Receptacles/Cords for Truck Heaters

Status
Not open for further replies.

LarryFine

Master Electrician Electric Contractor Richmond VA
Occupation
Electrical Contractor
Interesting link. I guess progressive disciplinary action is the only recourse. :smile:
My mom used to use that on me. One whack with each word, and the longer the sentence, the harder the whacks.

"Mom, keep it short, please!" :roll:

JacksonburgFarmer

Usually we run rigid outside, mallable steel boxes, sealing kellum grip, good SO cord, buy cords with molded ends, put a hanging kellum on the truck end of the outfit, tied to the frame/bumper, and it lasts a while.....this is at one of our local grain elevators....25 of their own trucks....every other year we get to "go over" the whole operation....usually after a week of "hopping" trucks to get 'em running.....Bottom line JOB SECURITY!!!

R Bob

Wow! Anyone have the Readers' Digest version?

The link is a DOL determination about the legality of an employer mandating reimbursement from employees for damage/loss to employer owned equipment as a result of an employee's negligence.

My take on the determination, in short, says that it is a violation to require reimbursement from an FLSA Exempt/salaried employee.
Any attempt at recovery could effectively change the employee's status to a Non-Exempt FLSA/hourly employee.

Apparently, recovery of damages from an Non-Exempt FLSA/hourly employee is allowed as long as the amount of the recovery does not reduce the employee's hourly pay rate below the minimum wage rate.

It appears that recovery of damages would be more trouble than it's worth and could possibly open up a legal can of worms.

Charlie and I were dicussing that the only viable solution would be to implement company policies and institute progressive disicipline for subsequent violations.

Status
Not open for further replies.