Check Before You Drill

Status
Not open for further replies.

knot stable

The power company said they could not be there for over an hour. I really had no choice. I could not see this home burning up for some stupid thing someone else did. That's nothing, the owner pulled out an aluminum ladder and his wife came running over with the garden hose. So things could have gotten much worse! Just when you think you seen it all. Theres always another chapter.

knot stable

Well,the fire department was called and they came out with a ladder truck and they are the ones who called the power company. Once I was told by the chief what Natt grid said I grabbed the ladder operator and he hoisted me over to the taps. What a day.

electricmanscott

Well,the fire department was called and they came out with a ladder truck and they are the ones who called the power company. Once I was told by the chief what Natt grid said I grabbed the ladder operator and he hoisted me over to the taps. What a day.

Am I the only one that thinks this is just nuts? :-?

Dennis Alwon

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrical Contractor
That's what I'm asking. Just seems like a crazy thing to do given the situation.

We have guys here that will ride someone for changing a switch live but nobody is jumping on this. I don't get it. :-?

I often disconnect an overhead service when I do a service change and then re-energize a temp when I am done. You take precautions. Fiberglass ladders not aluminum, insulated cable cutters, etc. I don't see it as that dangerous esp. in a bucket truck of the FD.

480sparky

I vote we inject the house with massive amounts of microwave radiation. Each electrical device will be outfitted with it's own receiver/transformer combination device.

No wires to every worry about drilling into.:grin:

knot stable

Well, I was just wondering what RMC encased in 2" of concrete would look like on the side of a home. How would you even form that. Then there's the issue of getting a pumper truck there.Could you stamp the concrete to match the house. Wait I think I'm on to something, I have to go call the architect. Remember I have dibs on the patent.

Dave

480sparky

Well, I was just wondering what RMC encased in 2" of concrete would look like on the side of a home. How would you even form that. Then there's the issue of getting a pumper truck there.Could you stamp the concrete to match the house. Wait I think I'm on to something, I have to go call the architect. Remember I have dibs on the patent.

Dave

Jez build yerself a 'crete home. :grin:

Status
Not open for further replies.