Who is the builder?

Status
Not open for further replies.

iMuse97

and for some customers that's what they want. We had a lady who's closet was the entire "bonus room" above their 4 stall garage and had multiple MR16 accent lights for the general lighting in the room, etc., etc., ad nauseum; but she was payin' and we were workin' so what's not to like. come to think of it, we had another guy who lives about a mile down the street from me, who's entire 1500 sq ft room above his garage was devoted to model railroading complete with a control room that stood up higher looking down over it all. at that time my house was only 1300 sq and I just had to laugh. now I moved into his town, but not really into his neighborhood. There's a huge fake gate arbor at the entrance to his street and a wooden light pole at the end of mine.

Last edited:

mivey

...who's entire 1500 sq ft room above his garage was devoted to model railroading complete with a control room that stood up higher looking down over it all.
Well, I can understand something like that. :smile:

quogueelectric

The last 100,000 sq ft I did you have to ask the homeowner if he can live with telephone poles in front of his property. If you want to view it google earth 281 daniels lane sagaponack NY . Then google Ira Rennart to see the interior. Sweedbird pics. 6 years of my life.

quogueelectric

I heard of some upcoming new construction of a Large home, apprx 50,000 sq ft, in my area.....All I know is the owners name and current address....Does any one have any ideas on how to get my foot in the door? Or how you would try to get the work.....
I actually went to the town meetings as it was in my town......500 to 2 me and Rennarts lawyer. It reminded me of the movie Frankenstein when they came to lynch him. Thank the lord the town supervisor was a friend of mine. He kept me away from the lynch mob.

emahler

They were trying to stop him from building a 100,000 sq foot house on 65 acres oceanfront. 29 bedrooms 33 bathrooms. Jealous they were .

they shoulda hung him...not because of the house though, but because he has all the morals and ethics of Gordon Gecko...

did you have the contract for the house, or just work for the contractor?

would love to see more of the basement/mechanicals...also, love to know what the electrical contract was worth...

hurk27

I'd call that a design disaster. :D

well it's not too uncommon, having a rack by the back door just inside of the kitchen.

but I have seen a few very large houses, and worked on one that a local Internet/cable/tel-co owner built, it was a two level, above ground, main level was about 22k sqf. and it had a three level basement, with a concrete reinforced room that had a copper grid embedded in every wall, all set up to run the Internet company from this house. they were forced to sell the cable part of the company by FCC, because they were deemed a monopoly:roll: so they built this house. there web site is Netnitco or netco and there name is mussman

The pool was amazing, all underground, 25' high ceilings, with a tunnel from the basement to the pool all underground.

I also did some work on Oprah's house in New Carsle, In. now owned by Tim McGraw & Faith Hill, her closet was all computerized where she could pull up what to wear and the racks would bring it to the door, shoes too:roll:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.