CH panel

Status
Not open for further replies.

gotmud

Has anyone seen those cutler hammer replacement guts??? (residential application). I went to a code class and Eaton was showing them. Apparently you can install one of these if it would be a pain in the ass to tear out the panel and such. You get the dimmentions of the old panel and order one of these to stick in any brand of panel. I had a pefect use for one of these in a old Federal Pacific tear out job but the inspector said NO WAY they are not UL rated for any thing??? Why sell them and promote them if we can't use them anyway..Any thoughts????

roger

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrician
Call Eaton and ask them for the listing info.

Roger

Jhaney

I used one last year for a commercial upgrade, the original panel is incased in a block wall with conduits coming from every direction, I could only have the store down for 5 hours on a sunday so the gut swap was the only way too go.
The inspector had no problems with it.

Riograndeelectric

I have talked to Eaton regarding the retro fit panels they do have a UL listing but from what I have been told by Eaton is that the manufacture of original manufacture UL listing is know void.
I would call Eaton and I am sure they Can send you information on the listing of the retro fit panels.

360Youth

I used them recently on a FPE change out. Eaton asks for the dimensions of the existing enclosuere and amperage size and goes from there to see if they have a remodel kit that works. I got mine through local CH dealer.

roger

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrician
Just so everyone knows, SQ D offers these same types of retrofits too.

Roger

jim dungar

Staff member
Occupation
PE (Retired) - Power Systems
Just so everyone knows, SQ D offers these same types of retrofits too.

Roger
These have been available for decades. Prior to the recent Eaton offering they were always "custom" built. Information on the Square D product can be found in their Supplemental Digest.

After the installation of a replacement 'guts' package, the only remaining equipment is the enclosure back box, which would probably remain UL listed as a stand alone item (i.e. Cabinet and Cutout boxes under CYIV).

Status
Not open for further replies.