Panel serving elevators

Status
Not open for further replies.

anbm

Is there a requirement that elevators need to be fed from a separate panel with other load? Thanks!

benaround

Is there a requirement that elevators need to be fed from a separate panel with other load? Thanks!

anbm, I don't understand ' seperate panel with other load ' , but, normally the elevator

pump and control panel is a feeder by itself and the other circuits related to the elevator

are not on this feeder.

anbm

I mean elevator motors can't share same panel with lighting, other hvac, heating, motor load etc.

chris kennedy

Occupation
60 yr old tool twisting electrician
I mean elevator motors can't share same panel with lighting, other hvac, heating, motor load etc.

Typical they are fed from the buildings MDP with shunt trip breakers connected to the fire alarm system. There are no requirements in 620 as to where the normal power comes from.

nakulak

I don't think there are nec requirements for this, but I believe that there may be ANSI requirements (and possibly articles from other nfpa documents ?)

quogueelectric

Many times an elevator may have a shunt trip panel feeding the equipment. Just be carefull not to feed the rooftop smoke hatch off the shunt trip panel . As no power to the hatch will cause it to remain closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.