motor questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Buck Parrish

What country are you talking and what size motor, China?
Probably it depends on the expected duty of the motor. It does seem feesable to me, though.
Very few are sent back.
That's a good thing about buying some thing from the supply house instead of the box stores. It seems they took a little more time designing and building.
I recently bought a sewer pump motor. I asked them if a feminine prouduct would stop it up.
They clamed it would grind up a leather glove then spit it out. Then they told me a pump at a plumbers supply show( how exciting:)) They had a sewer pump motor that would grind up a pair of jeans and spit it out. They had it on display.

eric9822

Occupation
Electrical and Instrumentation Tech
I usually get a test report for 5KV motors, I don't remember ever getting one with a 480V motor.

Buck Parrish

I usually get a test report for 5KV motors, I don't remember ever getting one with a 480V motor.

So is the test report in the packing list. I assume it comes in a crate. Must be a big motor. It doesn't come in a card board box, does it?;)
Just wondering. Thats 5000 volts right?

eric9822

Occupation
Electrical and Instrumentation Tech
So is the test report in the packing list. I assume it comes in a crate. Must be a big motor. It doesn't come in a card board box, does it?;)
Just wondering. Thats 5000 volts right?

Yes, 5000 volts and they usually arrive on a large flatbed truck. :grin:
The motor reports are normally sent to me separately from the motor at the time of motor shipment.

Status
Not open for further replies.