counter top pop up recepticles

Status
Not open for further replies.
A few monthes ago there was A thread on this subject do any of you know what that thread was ? I'v looked and looked but have been unable to find it .any help would be appriciated

celtic

Note:
To be used on a kitchen countertop to fulfill the countertop requirement for receptacles, one has to install the hardwired type.

The type that plugs in is listed as a relocatable powertap, not a receptacle.

PCS39-EE-HW_technical.gif

http://www.mockett.com/furniture-hardware/pcs39-ee-hw.html#technical

infinity

Staff member
Occupation
Journeyman Electrician
Very nice product. Too bad it doesn't contain tamper proof receptacles for use in a dwelling. :roll:

U.L. Listed. Electrical codes vary by location. Please check with your electrician to verify that this unit meets your local code before installing. This unit does not currently meet residential code NEC Article 406.11.

infinity

Staff member
Occupation
Journeyman Electrician
I would wager that 50% or more of the country is not following the tamper proof requirement for receptacles in a dwelling unit.

You might be right. Guess if that's true then many inspectors aren't doing their jobs or many places have not adopted the 2008 NEC. :)

actually what I am wanting to use them on is an out door bbq so I am not shure if these are weather resistant or suitable for my application I will have to investigate a little more any suggestion's would be appriciated

Status
Not open for further replies.