45 kVA
NEMA 1 enclosure
2400 V primary 3 phase
208Y/120V secondary 3 phase
dry type
150* C
aluminum core
60 Hz

So far I haven't had any luck finding one. Does anyone know if one exist or would it have to be a custom make? :-?

jim dungar

Staff member
Occupation
PE (Retired) - Power Systems
45 kVA
NEMA 1 enclosure
2400 V primary 3 phase
dry type
150* C
aluminum core
60 Hz

So far I haven't had any luck finding one. Does anyone know if one exist or would it have to be a custom make? :-?
An aluminum core would not make sense, do you mean aluminum windings?

Have you tried Hammond Power Solutions?
May be it would be better to tell us who you have tried so we don't waste time?

WastefulMiser

An aluminum core would not make sense, do you mean aluminum windings?

Have you tried Hammond Power Solutions?
May be it would be better to tell us who you have tried so we don't waste time?

I've tried GE, SQD, Spang, Hunterdon, and ABB. Hunterdon _may_ be able to do a custom transformer as well as ABB. However probably $$$.

Any ideas of who else would possibly make this?

If no one makes one, how does the thought of placing an open core 45kVA, 2400:208Y/120 transformer (which I can find) into an enclosure by itself sound?

I actually need two (stacked preferably) tapped off separate 2400V incomings and the secondaries are going to an ATS supplying power to one panelboard.

WastefulMiser

T&R came close but had only a 240V delta secondary. However, MGM appears to have one.

Thanks for all your help!

Zog, if you could shrink the enclosure to a 36 X 36 space I might take you up on the upsizing! :grin:

gmtt

My primary concern is the primary voltage. Is this voltage available from the power company? If not, finding a transformer with this specification won't help at the end. If yes, there ought to be transformers available with this specification. Power transformer manufacturer design primary side based what are standard voltages supplied by Power Companies and design secondary based on what is customer need or what is industry standard.

jim dungar

Staff member
Occupation
PE (Retired) - Power Systems
My primary concern is the primary voltage. Is this voltage available from the power company? If not, finding a transformer with this specification won't help at the end. If yes, there ought to be transformers available with this specification. Power transformer manufacturer design primary side based what are standard voltages supplied by Power Companies and design secondary based on what is customer need or what is industry standard.
We have no POCO in this area installing new 2400V services, however there are factories that use 2400V for their internal distribution.

hurk27

common around here is 69k is delivered to a large industrial site, via primary metering, which hits the customer owned substation, which gets transformed down to various medium to low voltages. all the equipment after the metering is customer owned.

but around here is allot of steel industry

Last edited:

WastefulMiser

Funnily enough this is for a power plant.

Again, thank you all for the help!

templdl

You may also try Olsun Electrics who is a custom transformer manufactured located in and with their manufacturing facility in Richmond, Il. They make dry type transformers up to 35kv and over 5mva.

BAHTAH

Transformer

Transformer

45 kVA
NEMA 1 enclosure
2400 V primary 3 phase
dry type
150* C
aluminum core
60 Hz

Call your supplier and ask for info on a GE9T25B5832 2400v primary 208/120y secondary Nema-1.

Status
Not open for further replies.