Double Stack Dryers & Washers

Status
Not open for further replies.

olc

Double Stack commercial coin op gas dryers & washers.
Both the upper and lower washer and dryer have their own cord/plug? (I'm assuming this. I just want to verify.)(a)
The dryer needs a 15A-1P circuit (6A).
Is there any reason two dryers can't be connected to one 20A duplex receptacle? (two dryers per 20A circuit)

(a) I called a local speed queen distributer to ask the question. He would not talk to me without a purchase order like the information is a bid trade secret (He said he did not want to give out something that may be an advantage to a competitor).

GoldDigger

Staff member
Occupation
Retired PV System Designer
Double Stack commercial coin op gas dryers & washers.
Both the upper and lower washer and dryer have their own cord/plug? (I'm assuming this. I just want to verify.)(a)
The dryer needs a 15A-1P circuit (6A).
Is there any reason two dryers can't be connected to one 20A duplex receptacle? (two dryers per 20A circuit)

(a) I called a local speed queen distributer to ask the question. He would not talk to me without a purchase order like the information is a bid trade secret (He said he did not want to give out something that may be an advantage to a competitor).
I would say that the only way his answer would be an advantage to a competitor is if the answer would be "no, separate circuits are required". :)

Jortz

I recently added additional circuits for a expanding laundromat. The owner requested dedicated circuits for the single to double stack dryers . The unitsi encountered where hardwired into the top unit thus requiring a double pole disconnect switch. However i see no reason why these stack units cannot be combined on one 20amp circuit.

roy g

roy g

roy g

this isn't necessary a code issue but a one of if a problem in one unit would trip breaker or other branch circuit problem, it could render two units being out of service. I have seen this problem in gas stations where using suction pumps, and problem in one circuit could shut down a whole product line.

Status
Not open for further replies.