PLCs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Benton

Does anyone know of any books or website out there besides PLC.net that are good information sources for learning PLCs?

VinceS

Omron educational kit

Omron educational kit

You can get a Omron CP1L-L14DR-A and CX Programmer version 7 for around $200. THis kit comes with programming guide and plc books .

You can buy a AB Micrologic PLC for around $150 you can download a trial version of software from AB's website. Make sure you use verify the version of micrologic PLC will work with the free software. A few questions to AB vie email or phone they should help.

I recommend learning AB first, its very common. Omron is unique

Power Tech

You can get a Omron CP1L-L14DR-A and CX Programmer version 7 for around $200. THis kit comes with programming guide and plc books .

You can buy a AB Micrologic PLC for around $150 you can download a trial version of software from AB's website. Make sure you use verify the version of micrologic PLC will work with the free software. A few questions to AB vie email or phone they should help.

I recommend learning AB first, its very common. Omron is unique

What is nice about being a contractor is if you do not know how to do something, you can hire somebody who does.

I have done control jobs that have pages of control logic. I did all the field termination's per plan and called the AB rep in to program the equipment. Everything worked, nice feeling. Fiber termination's and too many things to mention I sub out.

AB / Rockwell Automation is a great company!!

Strahan

AB / Rockwell Automation is a great company!![/QUOTE]

Yea AB/Rockwell is great but along with that comes the price tag.

Book wise check out "Programmable Controllers Theory and Implemantation"
by L.A. Bryan, E.A. Bryan. years ago when I decided this was the direction I wanted to go I found this book to be wonderful. It touches base on everything;)

steve066

AB / Rockwell Automation is a great company!!

Yea AB/Rockwell is great but along with that comes the price tag.

Book wise check out "Programmable Controllers Theory and Implemantation"
by L.A. Bryan, E.A. Bryan. years ago when I decided this was the direction I wanted to go I found this book to be wonderful. It touches base on everything;)

That book is a few years old (about 1998), but it looks like it's still available (for about $110), and I assume PLC's and ladder logic hasn't changed a whole lot in the last 10 years.

I've actually got a copy of this book that I'm thinking about putting on flea-bay.

Steve

Status
Not open for further replies.