Any idea when these were mfg'd?

Status
Not open for further replies.

marti smith

I guess fashion breakers were only a fad. The "pink" one has a sticker on it that states: Stab-Lok, Cat. No. 50, UL listed, FE Products, etc., Newark, NJ.
While I want to rid the world of FPE, I think I'll keep these. (They were in a service that we recently changed out)

infinity

Staff member
Occupation
Journeyman Electrician
Given your location I think that aliens had something to do with it. :roll:

Actually I think that I have a few of those laying around. Not sure how old they are.

mtfallsmikey

Was that some of the first recycled plastic?...The different colors and plastics could not be melted properly, and that's why it looked like that...dates back to early/mid 70's(??)

hurk27

I had one of those! A 3 speed manual on the column. Shifted from 1st to 2nd and the lever snapped right off.

That pot metal collar plagued Ford from 1963 on into the 70's, had 65 mustang, 63 falcon, and a 65 falcon, all of which I had to replace that stinking collar, at least it was kept in stock back then. oh and the front shock towers also were junk.:mad:

LarryFine

Master Electrician Electric Contractor Richmond VA
Occupation
Electrical Contractor
Gee, and I thought it was bad when the clutch cable on my '65 Corsa broke. Fortunately, the 4-speed shifted well without it.

jmellc

Occupation
Facility Maintenance Tech. Licensed Electrician
I don't recall seeing breakers like that but I'm sure I've seen a few cutin boxes with similar speckled look. Can't remember who, what, where, when or why. The most unique item I have seen was a TRIPLEX receptacle, yes triple. A house built about the late 40's had them all over, I replaced a few. Never saw them anywhere else, would have sworn there was no such thing.

hunt4679

I don't recall seeing breakers like that but I'm sure I've seen a few cutin boxes with similar speckled look. Can't remember who, what, where, when or why. The most unique item I have seen was a TRIPLEX receptacle, yes triple. A house built about the late 40's had them all over, I replaced a few. Never saw them anywhere else, would have sworn there was no such thing.

They make those now cant rember were i seen them but they still make them

Status
Not open for further replies.