Lighting control system recommendations.

Status
Not open for further replies.

iwire

Staff member
I need some ideas for a lighting control system, not a Rolls Royce, not a Kia. Functions on par with Lutron but less money.

Any suggestions?

Thanks, Bob

iwire

Staff member
might help if you gave a ballpark - amps, ckts, comm. or resi ?

You mean the pertinent info? Yeah I hear you. :grin:

Right now this is all the info I have. The boss asked me to research lighting control systems 'like Lutron but cheaper'.

Kind of vague. :roll:

But I will take any manufacturers names.

iwire

Staff member
Could the Kia be a lighting contactor setup?

Is this a dwelling or commercial setup.

Iduno :confused:

He hit me with this at the end of a phone call about something else, if I recall he also mentioned the ability to control lighting from a standard telephone.

Greengate Controls is one that I found.

I will look at the others thanks. :)

ohmhead

Well a good system is BACNET lighting controls commercial or home . control from pc or phone or bas the last school we did had it along with the thinking green thats in todays job needs . lots of sensors to save energy lots of bells to add .

Joe Villani

The last job I was on we use "the Blue box" by lighting controls and design.

Their customer service was excellent and answeered all my questions, They set up the controllers and all came to the job labeled for there respective floors, locations.

All controls and connections between relay panels and switches are just chained cat 5 standard B terminations,

I have no idea about the cost.

heres a link:http://www.lightingcontrols.com/index.asp

Joe

Besoeker

You mean the pertinent info? Yeah I hear you. :grin:

Right now this is all the info I have. The boss asked me to research lighting control systems 'like Lutron but cheaper'.

Kind of vague. :roll:

But I will take any manufacturers names.
Tried these:

http://www.ilight-tech.com/
http://www.zero88.com/en/products

They are both part of the Cooper Industries empire.
I don't know how they compare with the Lutron brand but I know they sometimes compete for projects.

Steviechia2

lighting controls

lighting controls

I just put in a nice system in a large church, which is more like a theatre.ETC is the lighting control, and PRG is the sales rep, it was reasonably priced and easy to wire, if your looking for commercial app. let me know if you want the reps #. The job was in Ma.

Last edited:

ken44

I have a quote for a Watt Stopper LP8S-115 Peanut Panel (8 Relay) here at my desk, it is priced at $1150.00, this is for an office application using programmable fixtures which themselves are each between $229.00 and $379.00, depending on whether you need a
2 x 2 or 2 x 4 and whether or not you need them with or without a battery pack.

gndrod

Porsche?

Porsche?

I need some ideas for a lighting control system, not a Rolls Royce, not a Kia. Functions on par with Lutron but less money.

Any suggestions?

Thanks, Bob

Take a look at lighting, HVAC, and energy management digital program and remote pc or Tel link controlled from www.Solidyne.com. Just another system that includes Lutron. rbj

Mike01

Options / Flexibility

Options / Flexibility

It really depends on the size of your system for smaller budget concenisence system I agree a LC&d, Wattstopper Peanut panel is probably sufficient there are multiple manufacturers like Leviton, GreenGate all that make good products, with advantages and dis-advantages. another item to look at is time and space you have to purchase the panelboard and then the realy panel and then pip and wire between the two, and the relay and the fixture, I have also seen the Square "D" PowerLink / Clipsal system installed (controllable breakers) it's a nice system and works well however is significantly more in cost there approach is you do not have to take additional space with a relay panel and additional time and materials for wiring, and they incorporate this with their Clipsal line for more flexibility. But for small jobs nothing beats a peanut panel or blue box. It all depends on size and features. some manufactures require the installation of software for their system some systems come with built in web pages or software resident in the devices so no additional software is required and access / programming is as simple as assigning a IP address and security level, any way you go there are tons of options and manufacturers to choose from. There is also a company similar to lutron called crestron that is supposed to be more cost completive, but lutron's eco-system is one of the best for flexibility, programming, sustainability, just allot more $$$.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.