Standards and Objectives

Status
Not open for further replies.

EEC

Are the any published standards and objectives for teaching students to be electricians? The standards and objectives need to be similiar to the secondary schools math, english and science standards and objectives.

nakulak

similar to the secondary schools ? you mean - with a 30% or higher failure rate, and no national standards ? I think we should look for a more successful example.

iMuse97

Isn't that sort of what the JATC is? without the religion courses, though.

As to the OP, the US Department of Labor spells out what the minimum standards for any approved
apprenticeship program must be, no matter who it is sponsored by. They include math and language
proficiencies that are required before being accepted into a program, and minimums that must be
met as part of the apprenticeship.

Last edited:

iwire

Staff member
the US Department of Labor spells out what the minimum standards for any approved
apprenticeship program must be, no matter who it is sponsored by.

I am having a hard time accepting that as the requirements vary greatly from state to state.

Can you provide any links?

brian john

I hate link dumps. :mad:

Is there anything in there that requires minimum standards that states must follow?

Jeeze Bob come on, I am lazy do you think I read all that stuff? I glanced it over and it seemed to cover the issue at hand.

I have always been told (no hard evidence) on Federal projects to work for apprentice scale you had to be in a DOL approved apprenticeship.

iwire

Staff member
Jeeze Bob come on, I am lazy do you think I read all that stuff? I glanced it over and it seemed to cover the issue at hand.

Right back at ya, I am just chilling on a Sunday morning.

[I have always been told (no hard evidence) on Federal projects to work for apprentice scale you had to be in a DOL approved apprenticeship.

Yeah, I do agree with you there, if our apprentices are not in an approved training program we have to pay them journeyman wages on prevailing wage jobs.

Typical Govt screw up, this discourages the apprentices from participating in the training. :roll:

Status
Not open for further replies.