Learn the NEC with Mike Holt now!

Recessed Cans/High Hats WAGO's

• I use them.

Votes: 55 67.9%
  • I do not use them.

Votes: 20 24.7%
  • I use them on the ground only.

Votes: 3 3.7%
  • I am so cheap, I cut them out and save them for something else.

Votes: 3 3.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

480sparky

I used them once when they first hit the market.

Cost me a day's labor finding all the ones that let go 'twixt rough and trim.

Never again.

nakulak

sure I use em. I tug on everywire, too, before I close the can. Of course, I'm the kinda guy that likes to energize the ckts before the drywall goes up, too, so I can fix the cans the helpers and careless jmen left with loose connections etc.

peter d

I've used them in the Halo cans without a second thought. I think the Halo cans actually include a real Wago-brand connector as opposed to a knockoff like the imitation Halo cans do.

nhfire77

I've used them in the Halo cans without a second thought. I think the Halo cans actually include a real Wago-brand connector as opposed to a knockoff like the imitation Halo cans do.

Thats one of the reasons I asked. I was surprised they were actually Wagos, and wondered if people actually used them (besides for ballasts)

ceb58

I do the same. The only thing I have found is to check the factory wireing some times they dont push the wire all the way in. never had a problem but I also lamp and energise before rock goes up.

Power Tech

I used to cut off the little grey ones, because of failure and fear of callback.

Now the ones that come with the fixture that are clear I have found to be a good solid connection.

I would not make up boxes with them but for connecting a light it really speeds up make up and I have had 0 problems.

I told a guy I found the tan twister to be the best all around wire nut.

I thought I insulted his mother.

He said, "you cant beat a red wire nut. I've been using yellow and red wire nuts for 20 years, why change".

I am thinking there is a little bit of Autism in all of us.;)

peter d

He said, "you cant beat a red wire nut. I've been using yellow and red wire nuts for 20 years, why change".

I think $$ is the real reason why electricians are still stuck using reds and yellows. (I'm assuming by this you mean the old fashioned non-winged type.) They are cheap and you don't expect electricians to stop using something cheap, do you? ;)

B4T

I bought (2) thru (8) conductor Wago nuts and have used hundreds in the past year.. not (1) failure :grin:

They are great for wiring multiple switches and pigtails for grounds

Mongo1953

I put in 10 customer supplied 4" cans last week with the grey push in connectors. 2 out of 10 didn't light cause the factory socket lead was not pressed properly into the connector. Best to check. Getting the inside cover off the jb was tough. I likes the Ideal blue wing type wirenuts. Good range of wire sizes, springs don't come out and you can torque them good with the lil wings.

Status
Not open for further replies.