I was not aware it OFFENDED, It was Electrically related

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just in case my private email didnt go through, my topic 'Arc Flash Pic, is it Real??' was deleted and the reason posted was that it was too graphic.

I was not aware that picture was considered too 'graphic'. I thought as a safety reminder to electricians it might help someone even though I wasnt sure if the pic was real or not. When I posted that topic before, I thought it did not go through because of a computer glitch. That's why I attempted to post it again.

It would be helpful in the future if a topic does get removed for whatever reason, that a private email be sent to the poster for the reason from the moderator doing the deleting, to prevent the original poster from trying to repost thinking that their computer was acting up.

If I offended anyone with that arc flash pic, I do apologize. Thank you.

brother

George Stolz

Staff member
Occupation
Service Manager
Brother, when I look on page two of the NEC forum, here is what I see:

Picture3.png

Is that not what you see?

I assumed everyone sees the same thing I see, so I didn't bother to send you a message when the two word statement summed it up.

Brother, when I look on page two of the NEC forum, here is what I see:

Picture3.png

Is that not what you see?

I assumed everyone sees the same thing I see, so I didn't bother to send you a message when the two word statement summed it up.

No, I did not see that, my computer has been acting up lately, thats why I thought it did not go through the first time. Also, I did not know it was you who did the deleting, I did see (apparently second deletion) by Charlie B. thats the only one I saw.

George Stolz

Staff member
Occupation
Service Manager
Okay, but you can see the deleter and reason? Just checking.

No hard feelings from me - but remember, if we don't dig cooked critters, we certainly don't dig cooked people. We can discuss the effects of arc flash without showing graphic pictures.

mcclary's electrical

No hard feelings from me - but remember, if we don't dig cooked critters, we certainly don't dig cooked people. We can discuss the effects of arc flash without showing graphic pictures.

George,,,I had the smae problem. I posted a link to another website that you guys must have considered a competitor. The thread was removed cpmpletely. I could not find it anywhere. I had no idea why, who, or when the thread disappeared. I just "assumed" I must have offended somebody, and I didn't try again. But to answer your question, NO we don't see that on our side.

Ok, so you thought it was 'feeding the competion'?? I understand about just 'discussing' but I think pics would send a more powerful message than just talking about it, just my opinion.

It looks like someone else had the same problem I had, mcclary's electrical, maybe something is going on with the site.??

George Stolz

Staff member
Occupation
Service Manager
George,,,I had the smae problem. I posted a link to another website that you guys must have considered a competitor. The thread was removed cpmpletely.
Ah, sorry about that. The thread was dragged out of sight (to the Moderator Forum) so we could discuss whether it should be returned or not. We probably forgot to let you know what happened, since it wasn't cut and dried.

The thread in question was a rant thread about this forum, that took place on another forum. The question posed by the moderator who pulled it was "Since this rant on another forum is an affront to this forum and some of our members I moved it here. Does anyone think that it should remain in the open forum?"

The conclusion of the conversation was that the thread was not electrical in nature, and we frown on rant threads in general, usually. It would have spawned an ugly discussion with much negativity, and been a distraction to this forum.

The act of linking to a discussion taking place on another ("competing") forum is not prohibited, it was the content of that remote thread that was the impetus behind the removal.

I apologize for not letting you know what happened, I think we just simply forgot to let you know, since the outcome was uncertain.

But to answer your question, NO we don't see that on our side.
You can't see your removed thread, I know that and understand it.

But can you see Brother's deleted thread?

George Stolz

Staff member
Occupation
Service Manager
Ok, so you thought it was 'feeding the competion'?? I understand about just 'discussing' but I think pics would send a more powerful message than just talking about it, just my opinion.
If I died in a horrible explosion, the last thing I would want are pictures of my charred corpse floating around the internet. It's not only graphic but indecent, and that's why your thread was deleted.

Again, nothing to do with linking to the Fluke Forum, that part is fine. It's the content we are looking at.

nakulak

If I died in a horrible explosion, the last thing I would want are pictures of my charred corpse floating around the internet. It's not only graphic but indecent, and that's why your thread was deleted.

Again, nothing to do with linking to the Fluke Forum, that part is fine. It's the content we are looking at.

if I die in a horrible accident, can I make advance arrangements so that someone can post the pictures of my charred corpse here ?

glene77is

Now this is graphic.

That halloween thing is Gross!

I did not see the Arc Flash Graphic,
but I can see why someone might not want
a pic of his (identifiable) dead body
passed around the inet.

I should admit that I do need to be reminded
about electrical dangers.

I'm glad the moderators serve a good function.

Besoeker

I didn't see the images so I can't comment on them. Probably just as well.

A related story.
On one of the sites where we have DC fed drives, the site engineer was seriously injured, mostly by serious burns requiring extensive skin grafts. He was off work for about eight months.
And I had known him as a customer and a friend probably for thirty some years at that point. Physically he seemed to have healed well but he was never the same man again. Not the guy I remembered.

I have brought this up in this thread because I thought it relevant and the events in this case have stuck with me for a few reasons.

I lost the friend I knew.

Then of course, as designers of the kit, I also had feelings of guilt that some things could, and maybe should, have been done differently to have prevented this from happening.

The nature of the physical damage to the drive panel, which remains to this day, tells its own tale. It is very sobering to see it, and your mind re-runs the sequence of events every time you do.
It serves as a salutary reminder of what can happen if you don't follow safety procedures.

It was a life changing event for my old friend. For me not that quite, but it did affect me quite deeply. From time to time, I run training classes for our customers. Safety is always the opening and closing theme and repeated at the start of each practical session. Maybe knowing what did happen rather than could happen helps me to get it across better.

charlie b

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrical Engineer
Also, I did not know it was you who did the deleting, I did see (apparently second deletion) by Charlie B. thats the only one I saw.
To clarify, George deleted the first one, and I deleted the second one.

But I do agree that I should have sent you a private message, to explain the reason for the deletion. My apologies.

Status
Not open for further replies.