Service grounding

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a 600A single phase solar array going in a field. I am putting in a separate service for this array. 2 parallel sets of 750 AL from pole to disconnect on pedestal 2 ground rods at disconnect (CT metering on pole from utility). 3 parallel sets of 750 AL 420' from disconnect to MDP panel with 2 ground rods. From there out to inverters. Do i need to run a ground wire in each conduit between the disconnect and MDP panel or can i re-bond the service at the MDP panel with the 2 ground rods since it is so far away??

kwired

Electron manager
I have a 600A single phase solar array going in a field. I am putting in a separate service for this array. 2 parallel sets of 750 AL from pole to disconnect on pedestal 2 ground rods at disconnect (CT metering on pole from utility). 3 parallel sets of 750 AL 420' from disconnect to MDP panel with 2 ground rods. From there out to inverters. Do i need to run a ground wire in each conduit between the disconnect and MDP panel or can i re-bond the service at the MDP panel with the 2 ground rods since it is so far away??
Assuming the first disconnect at the pedestal is the service disconnecting means - everything beyond that is a feeder or a branch circuit - you must include equipment grounding conductors. You do not need to include a neutral conductor if there are no loads that utilize a neutral though.

Status
Not open for further replies.