Violations in the photo

Status
Not open for further replies.

ivsenroute

Can't take credit for this photo. One of the posters in a code forum provided this one.

If you were the inspector, how many violations and what would you write in your report? Good excercise for the electrician.

IMG_0916.jpg

Cavie

Also I do not see a neutral bar. Green cannot be hot. 2 wires under one lug. WP panel means the cover doesn't fit the wall but that is not a violation.

480sparky

Two conductors in what I will bet is a terminal rated for just one.

3R panel installed as a flush.

Just the bar stranded 'ground' wire in the bottom right raceway, which looks like flex?

Wrong ground/neutral bar.

Looks like a GE tub with HO breakers in it.

Last edited:

resistance

That's a Nema 3r hot tub disco. box, so it has the cover that flips-up. Seeing that they put a nail through the upper right hand side--where the cover sits--the cover will not be mounted per Manufactures specifications.

growler

Its like a train wreck!!

A few years ago right at Christmas time I went to look at a job to straighten it out. It was just a service change so how hard could that be?:)

Homeowner had pulled a permit and hired a jack-leg to do the install. They failed inspection three times and then the head electrical inspector came out and wrote up a page of violations.

I met an inspector on the job to talk about what needed to be done. After looking it over I decided the easiest thing to do would be to start over and do it right. The inspector agreed that would be the best way but said he couldn't tell me to do that he could only write up the seperate violations and there were just to many to count.

That's why I wouldn't want to be an inspector. I really would have no idea how to write up a job like that other than to say "it's a train wreck" and for some reason that doesn't sound very professional but it is the truth.

I could write up pages of what was wrong but couldn't find anything that was right. :confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.