Hourly pay rate range for a Journeyman electrician in the bay area, CA

Status
Not open for further replies.

jango

I'm just courious what some of you might say would be the hourly pay rate range for a journeyman electrician (10+ years experience) and with certification for residential work in the San Fransisco bay area in California. Any input/feedback would be appreciated....

Last edited:

e57

I'm just courious what some of you might say would be the hourly pay rate range for a journeyman electrician with certification for residential work in the San Fransisco bay area in California. Any input/feedback would be appreciated....
The ' SF Bay Area' is HUGE - and it has a variety of markets, and wide range of shops specializing in a few different markets of residential, mixed resi-commercial.... Where the shop is located/based - what market of clients they keep, and if they suppliment markets in commercial and or tel/data and AV can really spead the base of wages. While there are a very few union shops in the residential market that can be factor as well - if you are currently of that flavor.... Then there is YOU - your experiance, your knowledge of codes pretaining to certain cities, PG&E, supervisory experiance, PM experiance/independance to act on your own. With truck or without... That said - can range from $24 - $40 non-union. And only slightly higher than that union scale - depending on which hall if that flavor. (One of 5-6 that comprise 'the area'...)

What part of the bay and a little more about you would help...

And did anyone tell you the economy sucks right now???

zappy

I'm talking non-union romex roper. I don't know what your talking about? Mcdonald's pays $20 a hr.?? How do you compare the two:roll:

TOOL_5150

I'm talking non-union romex roper. I don't know what your talking about? Mcdonald's pays $20 a hr.?? How do you compare the two:roll:

Why are you talking a non-union romex roper? the OP subject is for :"journeyman electrician (10+ years experience) and with certification for residential work"

His post isnt asking about wage for a noob.

~Matt

Jsolis

We worked in San Francisco back in the year 2003. Hourly wage rate we had to pay was in the $44.00 to $45.00 per hour plus $10.00 to $12.00 per hour for their benefits.
So if a number in this area is figured you should be okay. We were working at the San Francisco airport.

e57

We worked in San Francisco back in the year 2003. Hourly wage rate we had to pay was in the $44.00 to $45.00 per hour plus $10.00 to $12.00 per hour for their benefits.
So if a number in this area is figured you should be okay. We were working at the San Francisco airport.
That would be a PW job - not sure it if is SF PW rate - or San Mateo rates...

Status
Not open for further replies.