Guess what I saw in the men's room...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Volta

I think that it could be wired with cord only for the reason of 400.7(A)(7) "Prevention of the transmission of noise or vibration".

Otherwise 400.7(A)(3) is for portable equipment, and 400.7(A)(8) is to "permit ready removal for maintenance".

Not portable, not readily removable, probably not used to mitigate vibration, don't see that it meets NEC. ;)

c2500

Folks,

The countertop is laminate. It is one of the many granite style tops. Of course, all one would have to do is look up from below. I used this exact type in a house remodel.

c2500

Security101

Folks,

The countertop is laminate. It is one of the many granite style tops. Of course, all one would have to do is look up from below. I used this exact type in a house remodel.

c2500

Yea that's what I thought as well - but I was wrong (we were wrong) - it's solid granite with a rough un-polished stone bottom. In a previous life I worked with the stuff. But yes it does look like some of the newer Formica types I've seen - their pretty good replicas...

Just FYI...

Jim

480sparky

Folks,

c2500

That's what I thought. If it was real granite, someone went to a lot of trouble to make the corners look like laminate.

Security101

Maybe the countertop is granite and the backsplash is formica.

I would admit this is possible, as I only really checked the counter out (with a small screwdriver underneath) and not the back splashes - but if this is the case the back splashes are a perfect match...

I dunno, but it's not really connected to the issue at hand ;)

Jim

c2500

I would admit this is possible, as I only really checked the counter out (with a small screwdriver underneath) and not the back splashes - but if this is the case the back splashes are a perfect match...

I dunno, but it's not really connected to the issue at hand ;)

Jim

Actually it is.....if it is laminate, and the hole was not properly sealed, water could travel down the cord and possibly enter the heater...worse yet, it could make the particle board eventually turn back to saw dust and create a safety hazard....there is an incident, OSHA shows up, the mens room gets shut down...the media shows...the EC gets crucified,.....etc etc. :D

wireddd

At least the cord will stay clean. It probably gets wiped down everytime the counter does.
Can't have enough shiny cords.
This happens when the so called tradesman don't have enough brains to move the cord outside the counter and tell the customer it needs to be put in correctly.
They will never spend money to make it right.

ohmhead

Well i guess us southern boys will never have that problem cuzz were not putting a granite top in our gas stations.

Or a instant hot we just walk outside and our hands dry .

:D

ty

Going on the hourly rate and per hole rate that the Granite guys around here charge, it would have been cheaper to have an Electrican fish a line from the GFCI and put an old work box into the side of the cabinet, below the sink.

Status
Not open for further replies.